Easy Chicken Enchilada Tortellini Bake
Easy Chicken Enchilada Tortellini Bake: dinner ready to serve in 30 minutes. Only 5 items from your pantry are needed to make this recipe.
This chicken enchilada tortellini bake is a life saver because you only need to use 5 simple items from your pantry to make this recipe.
The recipe only takes about 25 minutes from prep to table. It’s easy to make, too. I cooked the chicken in my slow cooker but leftover or rotisserie chicken works too.
I made the sauce with enchilada sauce and spicy red pepper diced tomatoes.
The pasta was simple: I used refrigerated garlic cheese tortellini because it cooks quickly. Once I mixed the tortellini and sauce together I poured it into a 1.5 quart baking dish. Then I sprinkled it with shredded Mexican cheese. Finally, I baked it at 400 for 10 minutes. When it was done baking, I turned on my broiler and broiled for 5 minutes until the cheese was slightly browned and bubbly.
Easy Chicken Enchilada Tortellini Bake
Chicken Enchilada Tortellini Bake
- 2 1/2 C of cooked chicken breast. I've included instructions below for slow cooking but you could use a rotisserie chicken, too.
- 2 9oz packages of refrigerated tortellini. I used Butoni Roasted Garlic and Cheese.
- 1 14.5 oz can of spicy red pepper diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can of all natural enchilada sauce. I used [url:1]this[/url] brand.
- 1 1/2 C shredded Mexican Cheese (you can also used shredded cheddar)
- To Slow Cook the Chicken: If slow cooking the chicken, spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Place two split chicken breasts (with the bones and skin - keeps it tender) in the slow cooker and sprinkle with salt, pepper and ground chipotle pepper, if desired. Place 1/2 C chicken broth in the slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Once the chicken is done cooking, remove from the bones, remove the skin and shred.
- For using Rotisserie Chicken: Remove the skin from the rotisserie chicken. Pull the chicken breasts from the bones and shred with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Once done cooking, drain and return to the pot.
- Prepare the sauce. Place the enchilada sauce and the diced tomatoes into a blender and blend. You can also place these two items into a large bowl and blend with an immersion blender.
- Prepare the tortellini bake. Add the chicken to the pot with the tortellini. Mix well. Then add desired amount of sauce to the pot. I used about 3/4 of the sauce. The remaining sauce can be stored in an air tight container in a refrigerator for up to a week. Mix everything well and then pour into a 1.5 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with the shredded Mexican cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- After baking, if desired, turn on the broiler to high and broil for about 5 minutes to brown the cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 604 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 164mg Sodium: 1338mg Carbohydrates: 48g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 52g
I am dying with how good this looks! 5 ingredients and combines two favorite cuisines?! Genius!
Thanks so much, Meg! I know, right? The love of tortellini meets the love of Mexican. YES!
I’m totally adding this to our dinner rotation. We love enchilladas and torts! DELISH!
I hope you enjoy it, Betsy! We loved it so much and enjoyed coming home to the leftovers after work today! :)
What?!! It looks amazing!
Thanks so much, Beth!
Can I make this with shredded beef?
Hooray to you for having a vacation and coming back with something this amazing!
Julie, I love this!!!! it’s like combining Mexican and Italian food into one dish!!! AWESOME! and looks so good! hope you had a nice, relaxing vacay! Welcome back!
YESSSS! Exactly. My love of tortellini meets my love of Mexican food! Vacation was perfect and I can’t wait to write about it and share on this blog. North Carolina is such a beautiful state and I just loved being in the mountains for a few days. :)
I absolutely love everything about this. And it’s so easy! Perfect for a weeknight family dinner.
Thanks so much, Matt! We just had the leftovers for dinner tonight. Gotta love coming home from a long day at work to good leftovers. :)
Tomorrow I’ll prepare this, it’s already arranged! :D
Hope you enjoy it!
This is absolutely PERFECT!! I’m totally making it soon!
Thanks Dorothy! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Now I need to make it again. :)
Hi Julie! Thanks for another tasty looking recipe! :-)
Hi Joanne! You’re very welcome. :)
Love this combo! Definitely adding this tortellini bake to our menu soon!
Glad you like it, Jessica! Hope you enjoy the recipe if you give it a try!
I’m always looking for easy weeknight meals and this one looks great! Glad to hear that you had took a break from blogging and working to enjoy vacation.
Thanks so much, Ashley! It was really nice to take a break from everything. I need to do it more often.
This looks so easy, yet so flavorful! I totally want to add this to my weeknight dinner rotation!
You totally should, Haley! I think you will love it! :)
Beautiful and simple! Well done!
This is TOOOOOOOOOOOO perfect I have to come home from work, make a QUICK dinner for a guest and then we have to scoot off to an event. What could be quicker than this. Especially if I make it ahead and just have to pop it into the oven. Tasty too. Add salad and it’s over.
Oh yeah, a salad would be a perfect addition, Carol! :)
This is pinned for later! Amazing!
This is amazing! This chicken enchilada tortellini looks so perfect. It’s very cheesy and it’s baked. I really love it!
This sounds scrumptious.
This looks amazing. Do you use red or green ench. sauce?
Hi Tammy! I used red enchilada sauce. Hope you enjoy the recipe if you give it a try!
Pingback: Back to School Dinners #SundaySupper - Sunday Supper Movement
Pingback: 10 Five Ingredients or Less Dinners - The Cookie Rookie
Pingback: 10 Five Ingredients or Less Dinners – Chow Hub
Pingback: 10 Five Ingredients or Less Dinners – TheDirtyGyro
Wow! This easy chicken enchilada tortellini bake recipe is incredible! I’m seriously so inspired right now. I need to add bell pepper to recipe and it would be perfect. Thx for sharing!
I’m so happy you enjoyed the recipe. Thank you for leaving a comment to let me know. :)
Sorry I did not like this!!!!! I thought it was gross!
That’s too bad! I love it but I know I can’t please everyone with my recipes. Thank you for taking time to leave a comment to let me know how you feel about the recipe.
Pingback: 20 Easy Five Ingredient Casseroles - Mama's On A Budget