Did you enjoy the nice long weekend? I sure did. It’s the calm before the storm. Work is going to be crazy for the next few weeks. With this week being a short week and the implementation of a new accounts payable system next week, we definitely won’t run out of things to do. Not that we ever do. But it will be exceptionally busy for a while.
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
About this super simple sauce. Some of you may know that all slow cookers do not cook the same. Some get hotter than others. Mine is one of those that get’s hotter than others. When set on low it can get hot enough to boil. And boiling spaghetti sauce for multiple hours isn’t a good thing. It needs to simmer. So what I did with this sauce is turn it on low while I was getting ready for work and then when I was about to leave for work I turned the setting to warm. There isn’t any meat in the sauce so cooking it on warm worked perfect! Warm is actually pretty hot in my slow cooker anyways. Enjoy this easy recipe!
- 1 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 28oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 15oz can of diced spicy red pepper tomatoes
- 1 6oz can of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 - 3 tbsp of chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt to taste (I didn't think it needed any salt but everyones taste preference is different)
- Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil into the slow cooker. Coat the sides and bottom of the slow cooker with the oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients, minus the salt, and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 hours, one hour on low and the rest on warm (this is really going to depend on how hot your slow cooker gets.)