If you’re looking for an easy spaghetti sauce recipe that doesn’t skimp on flavor, try my Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce. No joke, this sauce is super simple to make and it tastes amazing!
Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce
Spaghetti sauce is one of those things that you need to let cook for a nice long time. Letting it simmer for 30 minutes just isn’t going to cut it. If you want great sauce, you’ve gotta let that sauce simmer all day long! But if you’re like me, you don’t always have the time to watch over a pot of simmering goodness all day long. That’s where a slow cooker comes in handy.
Did you enjoy the nice long weekend? I sure did. It’s the calm before the storm. Work is going to be crazy for the next few weeks. With this week being a short week and the implementation of a new accounts payable system next week, we definitely won’t run out of things to do. Not that we ever do. But it will be exceptionally busy for a while.
Back to the weekend. I enjoyed it very much. Ken and I didn’t really do too much. I did a little shopping and made some cookies for a campaign I’m working on. I also did a little decorating in my kitchen. Pinterest can be thanked for that. Oh yea, and we had one heck of a hail storm on Saturday. I haven’t been in a hail storm in a while. And this one takes the cake for sure. We had some penny and nickel sized hail! It ruined our grilling plans for that day but we just went out instead and grilled on Sunday.
Did you do any grilling this past weekend?
About this super simple sauce. Some of you may know that all slow cookers do not cook the same. Some get hotter than others. Mine is one of those that get’s hotter than others. When set on low it can get hot enough to boil. And boiling spaghetti sauce for multiple hours isn’t a good thing. It needs to simmer. So what I did with this sauce is turn it on low while I was getting ready for work and then when I was about to leave for work I turned the setting to warm. There isn’t any meat in the sauce so cooking it on warm worked perfect! Warm is actually pretty hot in my slow cooker anyways. Enjoy this easy recipe!
- 1 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 28oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 15oz can of diced spicy red pepper tomatoes
- 1 6oz can of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 - 3 tbsp of chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt to taste (I didn't think it needed any salt but everyones taste preference is different)
- Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil into the slow cooker. Coat the sides and bottom of the slow cooker with the oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients, minus the salt, and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 hours, one hour on low and the rest on warm (this is really going to depend on how hot your slow cooker gets.)
More from This Gal Cooks