Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Protein Smoothie
Thank you Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk for sponsoring this post.
It’s a smoothie-licious kind of day.
Because smoothies are all the rage in my house right now. What’s for breakfast? SMOOTHIES. What kind of smoothies? Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Protein Smoothie. That’s a mouthful of words, isn’t it?
The smoothies that I bring into this world rarely contain dairy. Milk is my stomach’s arch nemesis. They’ve duked it out many times, with milk often winning the battle. If I utilize the Lactaid super power, I’m usually okay with milk and am able to destroy it’s evil, destructive digestive destroyer lactose.
But I don’t like nasty battles, so I play it safe and make non-dairy smoothies.
If milk is your arch nemesis too, then this smoothie is your new best friend. I made this Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Protein Smoothie with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Vanilla Almond Milk with a hint of honey. No lactose. Nada. None. Zilch.
Things to know about this strawberry banana oatmeal protein smoothie.
- It’s made with frozen strawberries and bananas.
- Plant based protein powder gives it a boost of protein.
- Old fashioned oats make is thick and creamy.
- It can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or snack.
- You can use an un-frozen banana to make a thinner smoothie.
- It’s lactose free.
- It isn’t vegan. Honey is not vegan.
- Make it vegan by using regular Blue Diamond Almond Milk.
- 1 C of Almond Breeze Vanilla Almond Milk with a hint of honey
- ½ C old fashioned oats
- 1½ C frozen strawberries
- 1 banana*
- 1 scoop plant based vanilla protein powder
- Place all ingredients into your blender in the order listed. Pulsate a couple of time and then blend on medium high speed until smooth. If using a Ninja blender, blend on speed 7.
If you’re sensitive to the taste of protein powders, I suggest reducing the amount of protein powder from a full scoop to a half a scoop.
This post was sponsored and compensated for by Blue Diamond Almonds. All opinions, photos and recipe are my own.