I don’t always have time to make a time consuming dinner. On days like that, I look for quick and easy meals to make. Dinner is ready in twenty minutes with this Twenty Minute Easy Tortellini Bake.
Twenty Minute Easy Tortellini Bake
Want to stay up to date with This Gal Cooks? Let’s be friends!
Pastaholic. Is that a word? Perhaps a made up word. Made up by me. I’ve called myself a pastaholic before. I love pasta. I can gobble it up even when it’s unseasoned and straight out of the pot. This is one of the reasons that I have to exercise. Between pasta and cookies, if I didn’t exercise, I’d be pretty miserable. Not that I live off of pasta and cookies. I don’t eat them everyday. But I’ll admit, I can get a little out of control when there are pasta dishes around. And cookies? Forget about a ton of control with those. Cookies are by far my biggest sweets weakness! What’s yours?
Some of my favorite pasta dishes include dishes with red sauce or cheese sauce. O.M.G. Have I told you how big of a sucker I am for macaroni and cheese? And an experimenter. You could set up a lab in my kitchen and I could conduct macaroni and cheese experiments. YES! Experiments with different macaroni and cheese flavors (type of cheese, addition or meat or veggies, different seasonings and peppers,) I’m down with that!
I like to experiment with easy pasta recipes as well. That’s how I developed the recipe I’m sharing today. I mixed some frozen cheese tortellini with my Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce and topped it with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Shut the front door. Seriously, it was really that simple!
Serve with a garden salad or ceaser salad and garlic bread for a complete meal!
- 4 C tortellini (can be frozen or refrigerated)
- 1½ C spaghetti sauce Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 to 1½ C of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Parsley for garnish
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions, about 8-10 minutes.
- Toss with desired amount of spaghetti sauce.
- Place in a 1½ qt baking dish and top with shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. During the last couple of minutes, turn on your broiler so the cheese gets slightly browned.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Remember, if you don’t have time to cook, make this recipe! Your family will love you. Your stomach will too!
More Recipes from This Gal Cooks