This salad is awesome sauce. Fresh blueberries. Fresh raspberries. Fresh strawberries. Walnuts. Quinoa. Oh and a tart, slightly sweet lemon poppyseed dressing to top it all off.
Fresh Berry Salad with Quinoa
This fresh berry salad is extremely easy to throw together.
- Cook the quinoa in a rice cooker. It’s easy. Just use the same mehtod you would for cooking rice. If you don’t have a rice cooker, you may cook it on the stove according to package directions.
- Make the dressing in a food processor. I like my dressing on the tart side but if you prefer a sweeter dressing, just add a little more honey to the mix. You can use the create and taste method – add more honey and/or olive oil until the taste suits you.
- After you prep your quinoa and dressing, place the quinoa in cute little bowls. Then top it with the fruit and walnuts. Drizzle with a little dressing. I didn’t use all of the dressing.
- 2 C cooked quinoa (approximately ½ C uncooked)
- ½ C strawberries, cut into chunks
- ½ C blueberries
- ½ C raspberries
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp honey
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- ½ tsp poppy seeds
- ½ to 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the quinoa.
- To make the dressing, add all dressing ingredients to a food processor and pulsate until blended.
- Place the cooked quinoa in bowls. Top with the fruit and walnuts. Drizzle with the dressing.