Rosemary Pancetta Macaroni and Cheese
Let’s stuff our faces with some Rosemary Pancetta Macaroni and Cheese.
Cheese and pasta. A wonderful combination. I’m a sucker for pasta and cheese. Combine the two together and you have one happy gal right here. Recently I decided to try a new variation of macaroni and cheese; Something different from the two other recipes I’ve made. You can check those recipes out right here: Jams Baked Four Cheese Mac n Cheese, Smoky Chipotle Macaroni & Cheese. I wanted to combine some different flavors that aren’t found in a typical dish of macaroni and cheese. I had some leftover pancetta from a previous recipe and an abundance of rosemary (my plant is doing pretty well.) I thought that white cheddar and Parmesan cheese would pair well with the pancetta and rosemary. I thought right. The result was a delicious tangy yet savory dish of happiness. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 8 oz elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
- ½ C heavy cream
- 1¼ C milk
- ½ C butter
- ½ C sour cream
- ¼ tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 C white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1½ C parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ C diced pancetta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the pancetta until just crispy. Set aside (reserve the grease as well)
- Melt the butter in a large pan or pot
- Whisk in the flour
- Whisk in the heavy cream, milk and sour cream, individually
- Add the cream cheese and stir until melted and well blended. Whisk if needed.
- Gradually add the shredded cheddar and shredded parmesan cheese
- Add the white wine vinegar (this prevents the cheese from becoming stringy)
- Add the chopped rosemary, pancetta and pancetta grease and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the elbow macaroni and the cheese sauce and pour into a baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Linking up to: Whimsy Wednesdays