Peanut Butter Muffins with Peanut Butter Streusel
This past weekend I was browsing my Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook in hopes of finding a sweet treat to make. A recipe for a peanut butter cake jumped out at me so I decided to give it a try. However, I didn’t want to make a huge 9×13 cake for only two people so I reduced the size of the recipe and made muffins instead.
You could consider this a cupcake recipe as the original recipe is for a sheet cake but with a streusel topping, I felt that these were more along the lines of a muffin rather than a cupcake. If you like peanut butter, you will love these muffins. You can definitely taste the peanut butter in these little gems. I kind of wish I made more than 6 of these but at the same time, I’m happy I didn’t. They are so good that they are hard to resist. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Peanut Butter Muffins with Peanut Butter Chocolate Streusel
- ¼ C all-purpose flour
- ¼ C brown sugar
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1½ tbsp butter, cubed
- 2 tbsp chopped semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- ½ C packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ C milk
- ¼ C peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- Line a cupcake pan with 6 cupcake liners
- To make the batter: In the bowl of a stand up mixer, stir together 1 C all-purpose flour, ½ C brown sugar, the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the milk, ¼ C peanut butter, egg and 2 tbsp butter. Beat on low for 1 minute and then beat on speed 4 for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- To make the topping: In a mixing bowl, combine ¼ C all-purpose flour and ¼ C brown sugar. Cut in the peanut butter and 1½ tbsp butter until the mixture resembles crumbs. Stir in the chopped chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake pan and sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
More fabulous muffin recipes that you may enjoy: