Curry Crab Stuffed Mushrooms (recipe update)
After settling in at the bar we ordered beers and an appetizer – curry crab rangoon. OMGEEE. The best crab rangoons ever! In fact, they were so good I decided to recreate them at home. Only my version ended up being curry crab stuffed mushrooms.
- You can use lump crab meat or imitation crab meat in this recipe
- You can cook these on a grill or in your oven.
- Double the recipe to feed a crowd. Or to have more for yourself.
Curry Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Curry Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16oz package of whole fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 C mayo
- 1/4 C sour cream
- 4oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 4oz lump crab meat (you can use imitation crab meat instead - see notes)
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly oil with extra virgin olive oil or cooking spray.
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the entire stem from each mushroom.
- In a mixing bowl, combine onion, garlic powder, seasoned salt, curry powder, mayo, sour cream, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir in the crab meat.
- Stuff each mushroom with about 1-2 tsp of the mixture (it depends on the size of the mushroom) Place the mushrooms on the oiled baking pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
If using imitation crab meat, chop the meat before adding to the cheese/mayo mixture. If grilling, heat your grill to 350 degrees. Place the mushrooms on a grill pan and cook indirectly for 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 679 Total Fat: 56g Saturated Fat: 23g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 28g Cholesterol: 167mg Sodium: 1536mg Carbohydrates: 21g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 27g
More Recipes to Try
Curry Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms – made with real shrimp. Incredibly tasty – if you love shrimp and mushrooms, you’ll love these stuffed mushrooms!
Mushroom and Brie Pastries – buttery, full of flavor and so easy to make! You’ll want to eat the entire batch of these.
Mushroom Brie Pizza – made with a homemade whole wheat beer crust!
I will definitely try this recipe! Thanks for sharing Julie :)
Stuffed Mushrooms are always a party favorite; I love your variation!
These are perfect for the holiday season. Pinned and printed :) Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
Pingback: Recipe: Spinach & Artichoke Wontons
This is another great one for the super bowl! YUM!!
Pingback: Recipe: Curry Crab Rangoon - This Gal Cooks
Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Dip - This Gal Cooks
Pingback: Curry Crab Stuffed Mushrooms - Yum Goggle
oh yummy I love mushrooms and this recipe sounds lik one that is devine thanks for sharing
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com
Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing with us at #overthemoon link party. Have a great week!
I just pinned your awesome Curry Crab Stuffed Mushrooms! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday,we are so happy to have you join us. Have a wonderful week and come back to see us real soon!
I bet this would be really good with shrimp too! Yum! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party!
Pingback: Best Friday Features! -- and Trim Healthy Table Recipe Book Giveaway!
Pingback: Great Ideas -- 17 Fall Foods!
Pingback: Great Ideas — 17 Fall Foods! – user's Blog!