Easy Gluten Free Pasta Casserole
Easy gluten free pasta casserole is made with penne pasta, lean ground beef and ricotta cheese. This filling and delicious casserole will feed a crowd or provide a small family with lots of leftovers!
You only need 6 simple ingredients for this recipe – gluten free pasta, ground beef, your favorite pasta sauce (my slow cooker spaghetti sauce works great), ricotta cheese, olives, and cheddar cheese. You can jump behind a recipe like this, right?
First time I made this recipe I was like I NEED TO CLEAN OUT MY FRIDGE AND PANTRY! So I found all of the above mentioned things in my fridge and pantry. No doubt I could whip together a delicious recipe with said things.
Woot there it is. I made that recipe right up there – easy gluten free pasta casserole. You may think it’s a weird combo. Who the heck eats kalamata olives with cheddar cheese? This gal right here does and I know you will too because you’re going to try this recipe for dinner tonight, right?
And then you’ll eat it for dinner tomorrow night too because a big ol’ 12×8 pan makes for a giant amount of gluten free pasta casserole. No complaints here, no complaints with you either, right?
Gluten Free Pasta Casserole
- 8oz gluten free penne pasta or regular penne pasta
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 16oz of pasta sauce (use my Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce or your favorite jarred sauce)
- 1 1/2 C whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 C sliced kalamata olives
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the ground beef in a large pot or skillet. Mix in the pasta sauce, ricotta cheese and olives. Pour into a 12x8x2 baking dish (or any equivalent sized dish) and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until the cheddar cheese is melted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 479 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 110mg Sodium: 634mg Carbohydrates: 27g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 35g
Did you make this recipe? I’d love for you to leave a comment and a rating below!
Follow me on Instagram.