This Italian Zucchini Bake is delicious guilt free eating. You won’t find any flour, bread or a lot of carbs in this delicious dish!
Italian Zucchini Bake
I love zucchini. It tastes great grilled, sauteed, baked and in various recipes including one of my favorites, zucchini boats. I’ve been wanting to find a good, low carb casserole and after searching some recipe sites, I settled on a recipe that I found on All Recipes. It’s a zucchini casserole type recipe that includes egg, basil, Parmesan and Jack cheeses and of course, zucchini! This recipe turned out very well. My boyfriend and I both enjoyed it and luckily, there are leftovers! Please enjoy this recipe. :)
- 3 cups of peeled, chopped zucchini
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of butter
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ tsp of chopped fresh basil
- 1½ tsp of marjoram (I used dried since that is all I had on hand)
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Saute garlic, onion and zucchini in butter until tender
- Meanwhile, chop the basil and parsley (I just threw it all in a food processor and chopped it that way.
- When the zucchini mixture is done cooking, remove it from the heat.
- Whisk the egg, basil, parsley, marjoram, Parmesan cheese and salt together in a large mixing bowl. After mixing well, add the zucchini mixture and the Monterey Jack Cheese. Mix well.
- Add the mixture to a greased 1½ quart baking dish and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once done baking, let the casserole sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Looking for more Low Carb dishes? Check out my Low Carb recipe page!