You guys. I’m not even gonna lie. This Butterscotch Toffee Pudding Pie may be the BEST pudding pie I’ve ever made.
But an Oreo cookie crust filled with creamy butterscotch pudding and crunchy toffee bits is outta this world AMAZING! I’m drooling just thinking about it.
And I was selfish with this pie.
I only took one tiny slice to work so one of my co-workers could try it. She’s a lucky gal. I didn’t want to share any of it but being the nice gal that I am, I figured I’d share it with one person who doesn’t live in this household.
liked LOVED this too. He helped me devour this pie within three days of me making it. Yeah, it lasted that long but there are only two of us in my house. And we did try to have a little control.
I’m beginning to think that pudding pies are my specialty in the sweets sector. I LOVE making them. And eating them, too. Maybe I should write a pudding pie cookbook. Would you buy a pudding pie cookbook?
Seriously, folks. I really want to write a cookbook one day. I have a few ideas running around in my head. Pudding Pies. Healthy Eats. One Pot/Skillet Meals. My goal was to begin a cookbook this year but it isn’t going to happen. So my 2015 goal – start writing a cookbook!
For now, I’m going to continue sharing tasty recipes with you, like this Butterscotch Toffee Pudding Pie. Enjoy!
Butterscotch Toffee Pudding Pie
- 1¼ C Oreo cookie crumbs (about 21 cookies crushed)
- ⅓ C butter, melted
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 5.9oz of instant butterscotch pudding (about 1½ 3.4oz boxes. Use a scale to weigh.)
- 1 8oz container of Cool Whip, divided
- 1½ C milk
- 1 C toffee bits, divided
- ½ C mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate fudge sauce for drizzling
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs, melted butter and sugar and mix until the crumbs are moist. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch pie dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and pudding. Stir in half of the Cool Whip. Mix in ½ of the toffee buts and the mini chocolate chips. Scrape the mixture into the pie crust.
- Place in your refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and top with the remaining Cool Whip. Sprinkle with the remaining toffee chops and then drizzle with chocolate fudge sauce.
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Butterscotch recipes from my favorite bloggers.
Butterscotch Ginger Molasses Cookies from Blahnik Baker.
Butterscotch Peanut Butter Bars from Averie Cooks.
Cashew Butterscotch Pudding Cookies from Crazy for Crust.
My Pumpkin Spice Bars with Bourbon Butter Glaze are made with butterscotch chips.
These Butterscotch Pumpkin Muffins are a reader fav.