Easy Taco Soup Recipe
Mexican food is one of my favorite types of foods so when I found this recipe, I knew I had to try it. It’s been about 2 years since I first made this soup and it’s become a household favorite. The boyfriend loves it; I love it. It’s a simple meal that’s rather cheap to make and it goes a long way. To me, it has a similar taste to chili but I think it tastes much better. There’s something about taco seasoning that makes my taste-buds happy. I hope this recipe will make your taste-buds happy as well.
Easy Taco Soup
- 1.25lb of ground turkey (or ground beef, if you prefer)
- 3 tbsp of taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 packet of ranch seasoning mix, such as Hidden Valley
- 2 14.5 cans of spicy red pepper diced tomatoes
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of frozen corn kernels
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 4oz can of diced green chilis
- ½ cup of beer (I suggest dark beer - I used Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA)
- 3 tbsp of chopped cilantro
- Shredded cheese and sour cream for garnishment
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add the ground turkey, onion, jalapeno and garlic and brown the meat.
- Add the beans, diced chilis, diced tomatoes and beer and mix well.
- Add the taco seasoning and ranch packet. Mix well.
- Add the cilantro and frozen corn and mix well.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Serve with sour cream, cheese and garnish with extra cilantro, if you love cilantro as I do.