Roast Beef with Creamy Beer Sauce
A couple of week’s ago I decided to make a two beer infused recipes in order to have two recipes to choose from for my GYCO recipe submission. I made a Deep Dish Beer Crust Pizza, which you can see here, and the fantastic recipe that I am sharing with you today. What’s so fantastic about this recipe? Well, for one, it’s made with beer and it’s made in a crock pot, for the most part!
After slowing simmering a chuck roast in a delicious dark beer (Adriaen Brouwer Dark Gold Ale was my choice) I made a creamy, gravy like sauce for it with the beer and meat juices from the crock pot. I sautéed some mushrooms with it, added the beef and the topped it over egg noodles. A delicious, hearty meal indeed! I hope you enjoy this recipe.
1 1/2 lb boneless chuck roast
1 11oz beer (I used Adriaen Brouwer Dark Gold Ale)
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp ground pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 8 oz package of mushrooms
1/4 C flour
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp milk
1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt & pepper to taste
12 oz egg noodles
- Coat the raw chuck roast in 2 tbsp flour, sea salt and pepper. Brown all side surfaces over medium high heat in the olive oil.
- Place the browned chuck roast in a crock pot with the onions and beer. Cook on high for 2-3 hours and then reduce to low for 5-6 hours (I only did the time like this because I started the slow cooker around 11 am and wanted it to be done in time for dinner at 6pm.)
- Once the meat is done cooking, remove it from the crock pot and break it apart. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, saute the mushrooms in the butter until tender. Add 1/4 C flour to coat mushrooms. Add the liquids from the crock pot and the Worcestershire sauce to the mushrooms and mix together well. Mix in the sour cream and then add your desired amount of meat. While your sauce is cooking, cook your egg noodles.
- Serve the sauce over the egg noodles.
Hi Julie, This is right up the Mr’s alley! Pinning this one to try for him.
You have just solved my pot roast dilemma for tomorrow! I had just grabbed one today on sale to make tomorrow! Making my mouth water! I’m already giving it 5 stars! (=
Love this recipe! My family would totally eat it. :)
Love this recipe! I could eat a bowl right now! Thanks for sharing!
My husband definitely wants this…probably like right now! Thanks for the recipe, Julie. Pinning! Have a happy weekend!
Yes Please! I’ll probably have seconds as well! :)
Pingback: Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Rice Bowls - This Gal Cooks
Pingback: Recipe: Guinness Turkey Shepherds Pie - This Gal Cooks
My whole family loved this dish. I didn’t find that same beer but I did use an English ale. Oh my gosh. Yummy. Will definitely be making this again. Thanks for a super recipe. And with this dish I cooked up your beer batter bread.
Hi Leslie! I’m so glad that you and your family enjoyed this recipe! Thanks so much for stopping by to let me know. :)