Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
If you love buffalo chicken as much as I do, you’re gonna love this Buffalo Chicken Dip. Serve it with crackers or celery!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
I’m a huge fan of Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches. In fact, I’m a huge fan of wing sauce. I can put wing sauce on a variety of foods including french fries, pizza, eggs and tuna salad. I also like to mix it with ranch dressing to make a dipping sauce.
Back to Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches. They are one of those foods that I often crave. And I’m in luck whenever I get a craving. There are a couple of restaurants in town that have excellent Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches. I always get ranch dressing to accompany the lettuce, tomato and onion when I order a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich. What do you like to put on yours?
For Super Bowl Sunday I decided to make Buffalo Chicken Dip. This dip was pretty easy to make and it was tasty. It definitely doesn’t compare to a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich but it still hits the spot. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon
- 2 C water
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese, room temp
- ½ C Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 C cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ C light ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp green onion, sliced
- Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Dissolve the chicken bouillon in the water and then pour over the chicken. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred.
- Add the shredded cheese, hot sauce, cream cheese and ranch dressing to the chicken. Mix well.
- Place the chicken mixture into a small casserole dish.
- Combine the 2 tbsp ranch dressing and 1 tbsp hot sauce. Spread over top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with green onions and serve with celery and tortilla chips.
A few more awesome appetizers: