One Pan Chicken Bacon Honey Mustard Pasta
One Pan Chicken Bacon Honey Mustard Pasta is a delicious and simple one pot meal that’s perfect for those busy weeknights. Creamy honey mustard is tossed with chicken, bacon, swiss and pasta. It’s comfort food in a pan!
One night I came home from work and was like what the heck am I going to make for dinner tonight? A quick scan of the pantry and the fridge told me I had chicken, real bacon bits, pasta and OMGEEE, the honey mustard dressing that I had purchased a few days prior. An easy one pan meal was in store for this household of two. I’m a HUGE fan of one pot meals, especially during the busy work week. As much as I love cooking, I hate doing it after a busy day at work. When I cook dinner after work, it has to be fast, simple and produce the least amount of dirty dishes possible. Yes, I still love you, dishwasher. But filling you up with dirty dishes requires time that I just don’t want to giveaway to filling you up.
This meal is ridiculously easy to make. It had to be, otherwise I wouldn’t have made it after work. First you boil some water in a large deep skillet or pan. Then you add some pasta, cook, drain and set aside. Cook some diced chicken and then add onion and bacon bits. Cook those suckas until the onion is tender. Then add the pasta, swiss cheese and honey mustard and mix well. BOOM. Dinner is served. The tummy’s are happy and the dishwasher is crying in a corner because there aren’t a ton of dirty dishes to fill it with.
- 8 oz of your favorite pasta. I used large shells.
- ½ C chopped sweet onion
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ C real bacon bits
- ½ C shredded Swiss cheese
- ⅓ C honey mustard dressing
- Green onion for garnish
- Bring a large deep pan or skillet of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Add 3 tbsp of olive oil and the chicken to the pan. Season with seasoned salt and ground pepper and heat over medium heat. Saute until the chicken is cooked, about 8-10 minutes. Add the onions and bacon bits and cook (stirring often) until the onion is tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and turn off your stove. Add the pasta and ½ C Swiss cheese to the pan and mix well. Mix in the honey mustard. Garnish with green onion, if desired.