Homemade Honey Biscuits
- 1 1/4 C all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 C cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 C plus 2 tbsp of milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp of honey
1. Preheat oven to 400. Grease a baking sheet with shortening.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumb-like and course.
3. Add the milk, honey and slightly beaten egg to the four mixture and stir until just mixed.
4. Scoop batter onto pan in large spoonfuls (probably about 2-2.5 tbsp, spacing about 1-2 inches apart.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean.
adapted from Joy of Baking
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 258mg Carbohydrates: 29g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g