Guacamole. One of my favorite condiments to slather on enchiladas, tacos, burritos and chips. Tonight I decided to make a homemade guacamole to go with the Taco Lasagna that I made. This guacamole was super easy to make and very, very delicious! I just don’t get how restaurants charge so much for guacamole. It’s so cheap and easy to make. Please enjoy my recipe…and save yourself a few bucks. Don’t buy it, make it!
- 2 ripe Hass avacados
- 1/2 of a small onion
- 1/2 of a jalapeno, seeds removed
- A handful of cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 1/2 of a tomato, pulp and seeds removed, chopped (I just cut the tomato in half and scooped out the inside with a spoon)
1. In a food processor, combine the onion, garlic, cilantro and jalapeno. Chop until there aren't any large pieces.
2. Add the avocado to the food processor and pulsate until well mixed and chopped.
3. Transfer the avocado/veggie mixture to a bowl and add the lemon juice, salt, pepper and tomato. Mix well.
Yep. This looks perfect! And I have to pin this and definitely make it!! We love our chips, salsa and guacamole in this house! Thank you Julie!!
I could live on guacamole! I like using it on sandwiches instead of mayo.
So yummy! I love guacamole! It's so delicious! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.
Guac is my favorite snacking treat!!! Thanks for sharing this recipe on the All Star Block Party.
Your guacamole looks so good ….. I've never made it because no one else in my family cares for it – I just might have to make it all for me! :)
I can eat the whole thing by myself. I'd only replace/omit the cilantro
Looks wonderful !:)
I love guac! I eat it all the time, but rarely make it myself. (even though it's way better fresh) I like to use lime juice in mine.
I think putting the insides of the tomato in, is a great idea. I usually add some tomato also. The two belong together.
I am SUPER CRAVING guacamole now, this looks amazing! Newest follower — thanks for saying “hello” on my blog. :)
I've done that before, Ashley! I also like using it in salads rather than using dressing!
I didn't use the tomato pulp in this recipe. I think it would be too runny but I may try it sometime. Avacados are on sale 10 for $10 so I will be stocking up!