Gorgonzola Chicken Salad with Berries and Avocado
Gorgonzola Chicken Salad with Berries and Avocado is a fresh and healthy salad full of fresh fruit, gorgonzola, super greens and it’s dressed with homemade honey balsamic vinaigrette!
Did you enjoy the nice long three day weekend? I sure did. Ken and I didn’t do very much. We went to the movies and saw Captain America on Saturday and then we went out to dinner. Sunday evening we grilled and on Monday, we relaxed. Even though we didn’t do anything special, it was still great to have an extra day off. ♥︎
This Gorgonzola Chicken Salad is a great way to use up leftover chicken. I made these salads with some leftover grilled chicken that we had. I tossed my favorite homemade honey balsamic vinaigrette with Organic Girl Super Greens, strawberries and blueberries and then divided the mixture between 2 bowls. I topped each salad with the chicken, half a sliced avocado and gorgonzola cheese. Super simple, visually appealing and incredibly delicious.
- 8 C organic girl super greens
- 1 tbsp honey balsamic vinaigrette
- ½C blueberries
- ½ C quartered strawberries
- 1 small hass avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and sliced (I used leftover grilled- heat if desired)
- Toss the greens and berries with the honey balsamic vinaigrette. Divide the salad mixture among two serving bowls. Top with the chicken and avocado and then sprinkle each salad with 1 tbsp of Gorgonzola cheese.