Blog Hop: Grow Your Blog with Facebook Tips
INTERESTED IN CO-HOSTING? PLEASE EMAIL [email protected] AND JULIE WILL GET YOU SCHEDULED!
Good Thursday morning and welcome to the Grow Your Blog (or GYB) blog hop! Paula and I are so happy to have you link up with us this week. And we happily welcome any new bloggers to the party! :) How has your week been? Do you have any plans for the weekend?
What is the Grow Your Blog Hop all about? NETWORKING! Meeting new bloggers, finding new content to follow, building your readership. Why is blog networking great for you? Simply put, it increases readership and traffic to your blog. How do you network? Visit. Comment. Invite. Communicate. These are key to growing your blog.
Which social networking sites do you use for networking? Are you actively engaged in these sites? Do you share interesting information that will grab the interest of your readers and potential followers of your social media sites? Let’s focus on Facebook this week. What do you share on your Facebook page? Do you share large photos or simply the links to a post? Do you share other content than your own?
When using Facebook I recommend:
- Posting a variety of content that you find while browsing other blogs. Post a small introduction, upload a photo of the item and then paste the link into the post. Posting a large photo will grab more people’s attention. Posting content other than your own content will show bloggers that you actually get out there and read other blogs and promote others’ material.
- Participate in “Facebook Parties.”You share your content on someone’s wall and they reshare it so all of their readers can see it. I’ve gained some Facebook followers by participating in these parties.
- If you stop by someone’s Facebook page and follow along via your personal account (which you should so the “like” counts, provide them with a link back to your site so they know how to find you.
- Make a post thanking your new followers for following you and ask them to leave a link to their blog or blog’s Facebook page so you can check them out.
All of these tasks can help you increase your Facebook numbers. When I left blogger and moved to WordPress towards the end of December, I barely had 600 Facebook Fans. Now I have over 1100. With a little work, you can achieve this too!
Now, onto the party!
THIS WEEK’S HOSTS & LOVELY CO-HOSTS!
Julie from This Gal Cooks (HOST)
Paula from Call Me PMc (HOST)
Julie from The Chirping Mom’s (CO-HOST)
Heather from The Word Magician’s Kitchen (CO-HOST)
Laura from Mouse in the Kitchen (CO-HOST)
Sara from Life in a Breakdown (CO-HOST)
WHEN YOU LINK UP TO THIS PARTY:
- Follow your hosts and co-hosts
- Link up the main page of your blog, not an individual post. You may link up your individual posts to Marvelous Mondays.
- Visit and follow other bloggers
- Comment to let them know that you stopped by and how you followed (Email, GFC, Facebook, Bloglovin, etc)
- Invite them to visit your blog (be sure to leave your blog web address – too many times have i seen bloggers comment and request a visit to their blog without leaving their blog web address)
- Communicate with them about what you like on their blog. Let them know you are interested in their blog. USE THEIR NAME! A simple “I’m so and so stopping by. I followed you please follow me.” just isn’t going to interest someone into visiting your blog. Sure, you can request a visit to your blog or a follow along but engage in some type of conversation first.
- Grab a button and promote the party(you can get the button on This Gal Cooks right here.)
Have you noticed that you aren’t seeing photos so much any more on FB? It seems word-only posts seem to be the majority of the feed lately.
Ladies, thanks for hosting the party! Must be my cold, because my photo didn’t link, just a cute little frog, which is actually kind of apropos for me today! Julie, I can’t seem to delete and re-do it…I’m sorry!! Have a wonderful day!
Happy to be linking up again. Thanks for the great FB tips.
Have a wonderful day.
This is my first time linking up and I am very excited!
Thank you for the facebook tips, I am currently working on my facebook page – and it needs A LOT of help.
Thank you for hosting – Newest follower
I have a few competitions on my site, stop by and check them out =D
Is that a new header? LOVE it. Especially the whisks!
Hi Julie!! Thanks for hosting! I’m now off to do some hoppin’ and followin’ :)
Thanks for hosting and sharing your recommendations on using Facebook. I need to work harder on my Facebook Fan Page. I mainly share my posts there. I find that I use Twitter better. Take care and have a good day.
New follower and new to the grow your blog blog hop! Can’t wait to find some new to me blogs. Thanks for hosting and thanks for the facebook tips- they were great!
Thanks for hosting the blog hop Julie. I’ve been looking for a blog hop for 2 weeks now. I love the review on the skinny cow. Man does that look good. I’m your newest follower via GFC . Please stop by and check out my blog. I’m still new, but trying to get my name out there.
So happy to have discovered this! I love finding new blogs! I’m perusing these now!
Julie, I just wanted to say thanks for the hop again this week, I love finding new blogs to read!
Thanks for hosting the hop again, Julie! I’m already following you on BlogLovin’ and hope your posts inspire me to try some new recipes in my kitchen! :)
Thanks you for letting us hang out here again
Thank you so much for hosting another awesome hop!! Have a wonderful weekend. :)
Pingback: A Pile of Tarnished Silver and Its Greater Meaning :: The Week at a Glance 3/09 | An Extraordinary Day | A Place of Joy and Inspiration
Thanks for hosting! :)
Thanks for hosting the blog hop and for the information about facebook. I’m new to using facebook with my blog, so I have a lot to learn about both! I followed you on everything.
Thank you for hosting and for the great tips! They are so practical and very helpful! Hope you have a wonderful day! Will follow you on Facebook! blessings! Diane
Thank you for the party, have a beautiful weekend!
Pingback: 8 Free Gifts to Give Our Children | Calm.Healthy.Sexy.
Can you please tell me where I can link up this week for the Blog Hop: Grow Your Blog? I do not see it on your page or Paula’s.
@ A Place for Pictures and Memories