Spiked! Recipe Challenge: Irish Cream
It is no big secret that myself and my good foodie blogger friend, Carrie from Frugal Foodie Mama love to cook and bake with alcohol. Don’t believe me? Then make sure to check out Carrie’s recipes for Slow Cooker Captain & Coke Pulled Chicken and Framboise Raspberry Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Buttercream. Or my Taco Soup and Cheddar Beer Bread.
Carrie & I have teamed up to bring you all a recipe challenge with a twist (of lime or lemon, if you please ;) )- your recipe must feature the alcoholic beverage being spotlighted that month! Every two months there will be a new Spiked! Recipe Challenge with a new featured boozy beverage. March’s featured ingredient is…. Irish Cream liqueur! It only seems appropriate for the greenest and most Irish month of the year, right? ;)
Carrie and I would like for you to follow us via one of our many social media outlets. Your choice- GFC, Bloglovin, RSS feed, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest… you get the idea. Plus, following us both will keep you in the loop about upcoming dates for the challenges, announcements of winners, and so on.
- You need to sign up by adding a link to your blog’s home page in the linky at the end of this post. Be sure to include your email address when adding your link- this is how we will email you all updates and reminders for the contest!
- You must have the Spiked! button in your recipe post to be considered as an entrant. It would also be SUPER awesome if you included the button on your sidebar, but it is not a requirement to win. ;) You can grab a Spiked! Recipe Challenge Button from my sidebar.
- The recipe you submit MUST BE YOUR OWN. You can be inspired by another’s recipe (and please include a link back somewhere in your post to that original recipe), but you must make that recipe your own in some way.
- The recipe must feature the beverage of choice. This month’s Spiked! ingredient is Irish Cream. It does not have to be a big name Irish Cream liqueur- you can use an off brand. Your recipe can be anything BUT a drink recipe. You must cook or bake with the Spiked! ingredient.
- You must link up your Irish Cream recipe when the linky goes live on March 18, 2013 to be considered for judging. The linky will remain open for just two days. No entries will be accepted past that date.
- All recipes will be judged by myself and Julie from This Gal Cooks.
- The winner will be announced one week after the entry linky has closed and will be emailed as well as announced on each of our blogs.
- The winner of the Spiked! Challenge will receive bragging rights of course, but there are a few other perks…
- A Frugal Foodie Friends ad spot (250 x 300) with Frugal Foodie Mama for 30 days (starting April 1st)- plus a spotlight post on Frugal Foodie Mama featuring the winner, their winning recipe, and their blog!
- A Friends of This Gal Cooks ad spot (250 x 100) with This Gal Cooks for 30 days.
Important Dates to Remember:
- March 5th- Sign-ups start
- March 11th- Sign-ups end
- March 18th- Linky opens to submit your recipe entries (You will have only the 18th and 19th to link up!)
- March 25th- The Spiked! Irish Cream Recipe Challenge winner will be crowned!
Spread the word! Send out a tweet about the contest. You can easily Tweet, Pin, share on Facebook or Google Plus by using the social media share buttons at the end of my post!
Fun! Can’t wait, thanks for the challenge!
Hi Julie, Does the recipe have to be current or can it be one we made a few months ago?
What a great idea! I signed up, can’t miss out on this one!
Hi Julie… great ingredient!
I can’t wait to see what everyone comes out up with. This is a cool little challenge.