Easy Shrimp and Feta Quinoa
This fresh and tasty Easy Shrimp and Feta Quinoa is perfect for a light lunch or as a side dish paired with your favorite meal. This recipe is packed with protein and flavor.
I seem to be on a seafood kick this week. Tonight marks my 3rd night of making a seafood recipe. Hey, what can I say. I’m a seafood lover. And living in a state that is practically surrounded by oceans provides quite the abundance of fresh seafood.
Once again, this recipe was inspired by a recipe I found in the July/August 2012 issue of Food Network magazine. The original recipe, found on page 192, calls for orzo. I subbed orzo with quinoa and made some minor changes to the recipe.
This recipe is gluten free.
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa
- ½lb of shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp of fresh cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ cup of kalamata olives
- 3oz of feta
- 1 tsp of dried dill
- 2 tbsp of chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp of cider vinegar
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. I chose to cook mine in a rice cooker. If using a rice cooker, follow the directions for cooking rice.
- Toss the shrimp in a bowl with 1 tbsp of olive oil, the minced garlic and salt and pepper. Lay flat on a pan and broil for about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients together and mix well.