It’s actually been cold in Florida for the past few days so I decided to make another soup for dinner on Sunday evening. As you may know, I love spicy foods so I wanted to make a soup with a kick. I decided to make a Roasted Jalapeno & Chicken Chowder. I took the easy route with the chicken. I purchased a rotisserie chicken from Publix. You can’t go wrong with a rotisserie chicken from Publix. Tender, juicy, flavorful chicken makes a great addition to soup if you don’t feel like cooking chicken to put into your soup. The jalapenos gave the soup the spicy kick I was looking for and the sweet corn gave the spicy kick a complimentary sweetness that tasted pretty amazing. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Roasted Jalapeno & Chicken Chowder
- 4 jalapenos, roasted, skins removed, seeded and chopped
- 4 small red potatoes, diced and boiled until tender
- 2 C chicken, shredded
- 3 C frozen sweet corn
- 2 tbsp corn meal
- 1 C heavy cream
- 4 C chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, melt the butter and saute the onion and garlic until tender.
- Add 2 C of the frozen corn, the roasted jalapenos and the corn meal. Mix well and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add ½ of the potatoes and ½ of the chicken broth. Puree with an immersion blender. Continue to add the broth until it is all used.
- Add the remaining potatoes, corn and the chicken. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and add salt and pepper to taste.