Welcome fall with this rich and creamy Pumpkin Spice Nutella Swirl Ice Cream Pie.
Cue the pumpkin treats. Fall is almost here.
And I’m not ashamed to be breaking out the pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice in late August. I’d eat pumpkin treats year round, if they were readily available.
My first pumpkin recipe of the season includes ice cream in the ingredient list. Because let’s face it, I live in Florida and it’s still HOT. I’m sure it’s still hot where most of you are, too. So a pumpkin ice cream treat is a M-U-S-T.
Rich and creamy vanilla ice cream is mixed with pumpkin puree and spices and then poured into a graham cracker pie crust. Then creamy Nutella is swirled into the ice cream. After freezing the pie overnight, Cool Whip is spread on top, followed by butterscotch chips and caramel drizzle.
There’s a whole lotta crazy goodness going on in this pie.
Pumpkin Spice Nutella Swirl Ice Cream Pie
- ⅓ C butter, melted
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1⅓ C graham cracker crumbs
- 1.5 quarts of vanilla ice cream, softened
- ¾ C pumpkin puree
- ¼ C granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ C Nutella
- ½ C Cool Whip
- ½ C butterscotch chips
- Caramel sauce for drizzling
- 9 inch springform pan
- Combine the melted butter, 3 tbsp granulated sugar and graham cracker crumbs and mix until all of the crumbs are moist. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Place in your freezer until ready to use.
- Once the ice cream is completely softened (think slightly softer than soft serve) scrape into a large mixing bowl. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and the ¼ C granulated sugar. Pour the pumpkin puree mixture into the ice cream and mix well. The ice cream should now be light orange. Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Soften the Nutella by placing it in a microwave safe bowl and then microwaving for 5-10 seconds. Using a spoon, spoon ½ of it over top of the ice cream and then use a knife to swirl it. Repeat with the remaining Nutella. Freeze for 8 hours or over night.
- Once the pie is frozen, top with the Cool Whip by using a rubber spatula. Sprinkle with the butterscotch chips and then drizzle with caramel sauce.
Love this Pumpkin Spice Nutella Swirl Ice Cream Pie? Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Here are a few to try:
Pumpkin Pecan Tassies from Frugal Foodie Mama.
Pumpkin Spice Biscotti by Spoonful of Flavor.
Biscoff Pumpkin Pie Cookie Cups by Lemons for Lulu.
Try my Pumpkin Pie Cookie Cups