It’s football season and it’s time to stuff our faces with crazy good appetizers, like these Buffalo Chicken Salad Cups!
Everybody do the happy dance. Football season is here.
My favorite thing about football season is the abundance of appetizers that can be found on dinner tables and sports bars near and far. I’ll fill my plate with stuffed mushrooms, crab cakes, spinach dip and more. And Buffalo chicken wings will always find a spot on my plate. They have a special place in my heart. ♥
My first appetizer recipe of the football season includes wing sauce in the ingredient list. Chopped cooked chicken is mixed with mayonnaise, diced cucumbers, ranch seasoning and wing sauce. The chicken salad is then stuffed into crispy fillo cups. Wing sauce is drizzled over each cup and fresh chopped cilantro is sprinkled on top.
I had a hard time stopping myself from devouring ALL of these Buffalo Chicken Salad Cups. They are SO good. Not only are these appetizers crazy good, they are ridiculously easy to make. You’ll only spend about 15 minutes prepping these. That’s quicker than ordering takeout!
Buffalo Chicken Salad Cups
- 2 C chopped cooked chicken (I used leftover grilled chicken and chopped it in my food processor).
- ¾ C diced cucumber
- ½ C mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp buffalo wing sauce, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp Ranch dressing seasoning mix
- Chipped fresh cilantro for garnish
- 15-20 mini fillo shells (1 box contains 15 shells)
- Bake the fillo shells according to package directions. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine the chicken, cucumbers, mayonnaise, wing sauce and ranch seasoning mix. Mix well.
- Spoon ½ tbsp of the chicken mixture into each fillo cup. Drizzle the chicken salad with wing sauce and then garnish with cilantro.
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Try these recipes from other fabulous bloggers.
Buffalo Chicken Dip by Damn Delicious.
Baked Crab and Artichoke Rangoon by Mom on Timeout.
Thai Red Curry Lime Wings by The Woks of Life.
If you love spinach dip, you’ll want to try these Spinach and Artichoke Wontons
Hot Seafood Artichoke Dip is easy to make and ridiculously good.