Cheesy Chipotle Shrimp and Corn Dip
You guys, I’m not even gonna lie. This Cheesy Chipotle Shrimp and Corn Dip is the BEST dip I’ve ever made!
It’s cheesy. It’s spicy. It’s creamy. It’s the kind of appetizer you want to stuff your face with.
Case in point. Ken and I D-E-V-O-U-R-E-D half of it right after I made it. There was something amazing about the bubbly cheese and the smoky flavor that we couldn’t keep our hands off of. Grab a chip. Dip-a-dip. Mmmm.
This entire dip recipe can be made in one oven-proof skillet. Fresh shrimp, chopped onion and chives are sautéed in olive oil and then tossed with charred corn. Three cheeses and mayo are added to the mixture to give this dip the MUST HAVE creaminess that everyone desires. TABASCO Chipotle Pepper Sauce is mixed in to make this dip both spicy and smoky. You can adjust the amount of hot sauce used to alter the heat but I found that the amount I used was perfect. Once you’re done mixing those ingredients together, you’ll want to sprinkle them with some shredded cheese. Because cheese, you can never have too much of it. Bake for about 20 minutes and then BOOM. You have one fantastic appetizer to serve at your football party.
Cheesy Chipotle Shrimp and Corn Dip
- 3 ears of corn, outer husks removed
- 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp of fresh chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 6 oz of queso fresco, crumbled
- 1½ C shredded cheddar cheese, divided (1 C, ½ C)
- 2 oz ⅓ less fat cream cheese, room temp
- ⅓ C mayo
- ¼ C TABASCO Chipotle pepper sauce
- ¼ C fresh lime juice
- ⅛ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and ground pepper for seasoning the shrimp
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Drizzle the corn with a little olive oil and then place on the heated grill pan. Cook until slightly charred, about 2-3 minutes per side. Flip with tongs for easy rotating. Once the corn is done charring, remove from the grill pan and set aside to cool. Once slightly cool, cut the kernels from the cob.
- Heat an oven safe skillet over medium heat. Season the shrimp with salt and ground pepper and then place into the skillet. Drizzle with olive oil and cook until slightly pink. Remove from the skillet and set aside. If there is any liquid or residue left in the skillet, carefully wipe away with a cloth or paper towel. Once the shrimp has cooled, coarsely chop into small pieces. If the tails were not removed before cooking, be sure to remove them.
- Return the skillet to heat and add the onion, garlic and chives. Drizzle with olive oil and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir constantly to prevent the veggies from burning.
- Once the veggies are cooked, add the corn kernels, chopped shrimp, mayo, 1 C shredded cheese, cream cheese, queso fresco, TABASCO Chipotle Pepper Sauce, lime juice and salt and pepper to the skillet. Mix with a wooden spoon until everything is well incorporated. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ C shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until bubbly. After baking, turn your broiler onto high and broil until the cheese topping is slightly browned. Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped chives. Serve with tortilla chips.
Thank you TABASCO and Hunter PR for sponsoring this post. While I was compensated for creation of this recipe, all opinions, the recipe Cheesy Chipotle Shrimp and Corn Dip and all copy are my own.
A few appetizers that will pair well with my Cheesy Chipotle Shrimp and Corn Dip.
Jalapeno Popper Beer Cheese by Lemons for Lulu.
Triple Cheese and Corn Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms by Averie Cooks
Sausage & Cheese Cups by Call Me PMc