Twenty Minute Easy Tortellini Bake

I don’t always have time to make a time consuming dinner. On days like that, I look for quick and easy meals to make. Dinner is ready in twenty minutes with this Twenty Minute Easy Tortellini Bake.

Subscribe to my weekly recipe newsletter to get recipes delivered to your inbox!

Twenty Minute Easy Tortellini Bake from www.thisgalcooks.comTwenty Minute Easy Tortellini Bake

Want to stay up to date with This Gal Cooks? Let’s be friends!

Facebook   Google Plus   Twitter   Pinterest  RSS

Pastaholic. Is that a word? Perhaps a made up word. Made up by me. I’ve called myself a pastaholic before. I love pasta. I can gobble it up even when it’s unseasoned and straight out of the pot. This is one of the reasons that I have to exercise. Between pasta and cookies, if I didn’t exercise, I’d be pretty miserable. Not that I live off of pasta and cookies. I don’t eat them everyday. But I’ll admit, I can get a little out of control when there are pasta dishes around. And cookies? Forget about a ton of control with those. Cookies are by far my biggest sweets weakness! What’s yours?

Some of my favorite pasta dishes include dishes with red sauce or cheese sauce. O.M.G. Have I told you how big of a sucker I am for macaroni and cheese? And an experimenter. You could set up a lab in my kitchen and I could conduct macaroni and cheese experiments. YES! Experiments with different macaroni and cheese flavors (type of cheese, addition or meat or veggies, different seasonings and peppers,) I’m down with that!

I like to experiment with easy pasta recipes as well. That’s how I developed the recipe I’m sharing today. I mixed some pre-packaged chicken and prosciutto tortellini with my Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce and topped it with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Shut the front door. Seriously, it was really that simple!

Twenty Minute Easy Tortellini Bake from www.thisgalcooks.com

5.0 from 4 reviews
Twenty Minute Easy Tortellini Bake

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Author:
Recipe type: Pasta, Casserole
Serves: 6 servings
Ingredients
  • 1 9oz package of tortellini in your favorite flavor. I used Butoni Chicken and Proscuitto tortellini
  • 1 to 1½ C of shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 2-3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
  • 1-2 C spaghetti sauce Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
  • Parsley for garnish
Instructions
  1. Cook the tortellini according to package directions, about 8-10 minutes.
  2. Toss with desired amount of spaghetti sauce.
  3. Place in a 1½ qt baking dish and top with shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
  4. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. During the last couple of minutes, turn on your broiler so the cheese gets slightly browned.
  5. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Information
Calories: 250 Fat: 10g Carbohydrates: 26g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 440 Protein: 14g

Remember, if you don’t have time to cook, make this recipe! Your family will love you. Your stomach will too!

More Recipes from This Gal Cooks

Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce from www.thisgalcooks.com

Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce

Lobster Macaroni & Cheese

Lobster Macaroni & Cheese

Greek Style Pasta Salad

Greek Style Pasta Salad

Comments

1. says

Julie, I am totally SWOONING over this bake! I am a pastaholic as well and nothing makes me happier than a giant plate of pasta with gooey melted cheese. I am pinning this and cannot wait to try it!

2. says

Wow, that look stunning Julie… I’m stunned! Love all that cheesy goodness going on here. Delicious! And you gotta love how quick it is to put together. Outstanding & pinning!

• says

Thank you so much, Anne! I got Ken to help me with that second pic. He was my official spoon holder. I couldn’t get my tripod to work right so I could take the photo of me holding the spoon! I told Ken he has to be my photography assistant from now on so I can get more shots like that! Thanks for the compliments and for pinning. :)

• says

OMG. Peanut Butter. My other weakness! I can eat it right out of the jar too! Ha, I have a jar in my desk at work. :) Thanks so much for stopping by, Marie!

• says

Awesome! This is one that will be on regular rotation at my house! It’s so easy to make and my boyfriend and I both loved it. Thanks so much for stopping by, Chung-Ah. :)

3. Joanne says

Hi Julie- Your tortellini looks scrumptious! I eat peanut butter out of the jar, too. I love this brand, Better n Peanut Butter; slightly lower in sugar than my favorite Jif, and you can buy it in plain, banana, and chocolate.

4. says

I was given 20 minutes to cook something, I don’t know if I can make something that looks this good, Julie! Love the cheesy tortellini! Having two kids around, this kind of meals save us during the weekdays!

5. Ashley M says

Made this tonight (with your spaghetti sauce recipe too, which came out awesome btw) and it was delicious! The boy went back for seconds, cheesy and very yummy! Thanks! :)

6. Sofia says

Hi there! Thanks very much for this idea! I was actually looking for something I could make and serve at my staff luncheon. This looks awesome and delish! I am planning to double it….. Or else make 2 separate pans of it. Thanks again!!

• says

You’re very welcome, Sofia! I actually made this again for dinner last night. I was busy and didn’t get around to making dinner until after 7. We were eating dinner by 7:45! I hope you enjoy this and thanks for stopping by!

7. says

Found this on pinterest and made it for dinner tonight. Delicious!! Quick, simple and oh so yummy! I love that you could easily make this for a quick meal if friends stop over without notice. Everything is usually on hand (especially if you use frozen tortellini). This will be a new regular for me! Thanks!!

8. says

I’m always wanting to try new things, or, at least, things new to me. I recently started blogging (which will also include food recipes I’ve actually attempted), and tonight for dinner, I wanted to try a chicken and tortellini bake. I stumbled on your recipe on Pinterest, and I will be using your recipe as a guide for my own (HA!) I’m sure it’ll be good. It may not be a pretty as your picture is, but it’ll definitely be up there. Chicken is marinating for it now! Can’t wait! Thanks!

• says

Welcome to the world of blogging, Jason! You are doing well already – using recipes as guides to build your own recipe is one of my favorite things to do! I think we all find inspiration in other recipes. I hope you enjoy the recipe and thanks so much for stopping by. :)

• says

Thanks, Erin! It’s so easy to make and the slow cooker sauce that I reference is easy to make, too! LOVE making this on the days I don’t have time to get fancy in the kitchen. :)

9. Yvonne says

This looks absolutely amazing!! I’m actually making this tonight for dinner. I’m going to add some shredded chicken to it. I can’t wait to try this…!!

10. says

I LOVE tortellini and his recipe was a huge hit when I made it. I am making this for a big group of ladies this weekend and I’ll make sure to print off the recipe! I know I will be asked for it!! :)

Trackbacks

1. […] 20 Minute Easy Tortellini Bake – I bought this exact pasta (Butoni Chicken and Proscuitto tortellini) and everyone LOVED it!!! We made garlic bread with this as well. Everyone ate every bit of it, no left overs! Nothing else to say about this, you just have to try it. PLUS – it totally takes less than 30 minutes! […]

2. […] If you’re a new follower of my blog, let me fill you in one a little something.  I DON’T MEASURE anything, unless I’m baking, and even then, it’s tweaked to my wants and needs.  However, I do attempt to try to get close to a decent measurement for those who must have everything structured.  But a word of advice:  recipes are only guides, and they are meant to be broken.  So start creating!  I used another person’s recipe as my own guide and borrowed or substituted where I felt was necessary, but if you want to see the original recipe I used, it’s http://www.thisgalcooks.com/2013/09/04/twenty-minute-easy-tortellini-bake/. […]