Tortellini Meatball Soup
This Tortellini Meatball Soup is made with homemade turkey meatballs, fresh spinach and select flavorful spices. Easy to make, delicious to eat!
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 6 oz bag of baby spinach, rinsed
- 1 cube of beef bullion
- 2 14.5 oz cans of chicken broth
- 2 14.5 oz cans of spicy red pepper diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 oz of frozen cheese tortellini
- ¼ C red wine
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ C all purpose flour
- ½ C whipping cream
- 1 tbsp and 2 tsp of olive oil
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ C parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp fennel
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sage
- ½ C ground oats
- ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Make the meatballs. Combine all meatball ingredients in a mixing bowl and then roll into 1 tsp sized meatballs.
- In a large pot, cook the spinach in 1 tsp of olive oil until wilted. Drain and set aside.
- In the large pot, cook garlic and onion over 1 tsp of olive oil and cook until tender. Add the remaining olive oil and the meatballs. Cook the meatballs over medium high until lightly browned. Be sure to mix often so the veggies don't burn.
- Add the red wine to the pot to deglaze.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, bullion, oregano, brown sugar, basil, spinach, chicken broth and red wine vinegar. Mix well.
- Add the bay leaf and tortellini. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the bay leaf.
- Whisk together the flour and the cream and then add to the pot. Mix well. Add the parmesan cheese and mix until melted.
- Add salt to taste or if needed.
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Try this vegetarian and dairy free Moroccan Carrot Soup
Or this quick and easy Ravioli Soup