Recipe: Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
How many of you are fans of buffalo chicken sandwiches? I can tell you that this gal certainly is. In fact, I am a HUGE fan of wing sauce all together. I will put it on fries, tater tots, eggs, pizza. I’m sure that one day I will find another food to top with it.
Last night I wanted a buffalo chicken sandwich. I don’t have a fryer at home and I don’t like to eat fried food all that often so I thought “why not grilled buffalo chicken sandwiches?” So I put together this tasty little recipe that was quick and easy to make. I had Ken grill the chicken and then we enjoyed this tasty sandwich with potato salad and a mini crab cake. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 3/4 C wing sauce (I used Frank’s Red Buffalo Hot Wing Sauce)
- Ziplock bag
- Ranch dressing
- Cheese of your choice
- Buns (I used whole wheat)
- Place the chicken breasts in the ziplock bag with the wing sauce. Allow to marinate for 1/2 hour.
- Heat your grill to medium low on the middle burner and medium high on the side burners (we have a 3 burner grill; if you don’t just adjust your temps how you normally would for chicken)
- Grill the chicken over the medium low burner for about 20 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- When the chicken is ready, top with more wing sauce, if desired, cheese and ranch dressing. I also put a little mayo on each side of the bun so my bread was a little moister.