Thirty Minute Philly Cheeseburger Gnocchi Bake
Thirty Minute Philly Cheeseburger Gnocchi Bake: Low fat cream cheese, lean ground beef and whole wheat gnocchi come together to create this quick and easy one pan skillet dinner.
Oh so you want a cheeseburger?
Who the heck doesn’t want a cheeseburger? One time I ordered a burger without cheese. The response, along with a puzzled look – what’s a burger without cheese? I should have used the witty skills and replied “a hamburger” but I didn’t. Instead, I replied with some lame answer, something about not wanting to eat dairy during that particular time. Yawn.
Oh so you want a cheesetastic casserole made with lean ground beef, gnocchi and CHEESE? There’s a recipe for that. And thanks to my wonderful Facebook fans, I’m sharing it with you today.
Yesterday I asked my Facebook fans which recipe they would like to see on the blog today. The winner by a landslide – this Philly Cheeseburger Gnocchi Bake. Do you think it was all of that cheesetastic cheese that made this recipe the winner?
No joke, this recipe is so super duper easy to make. You’re only gonna dirty up two dishes while prepping this – your skillet and a small bowl for mixing. Be sure to use an oven-safe skillet so you can go from stovetop to oven in a cinch. Can you guess which skillet I used?
- 4 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ½ medium red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ medium green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ small onion, sliced
- 1 16oz packages of whole wheat gnocchi
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 8oz container of ⅓ less fat chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1½ C part skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook Gnocchi according to package directions.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the mushrooms, peppers and onions and cook until tender. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the beef to the skillet and cook until browned. Drain and return to the skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard and seasoned salt. Mix well and then add to the skillet and stir into the beef. Mix in the veggies, and then the gnocchi and then even out the mixture and then sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. After baking, turn on the broiler and broil until the cheese is browned.
- Garnish with cilantro or your favorite herb.
More tasty recipes from This Gal Cooks
(click images to view recipes)