Mini Bacon and Egg Casseroles
These Mini Bacon and Egg Casseroles are made with fresh shredded potatoes, eggs, bacon and cheese. Make ahead for a quick and easy breakfast!
Last week I bought a bag of potatoes so we could dice some of them and throw them on the grill for a nice side dish of grilled potatoes to accompany our dinner. Boy were they good. But I had 4 potatoes leftover and I needed to do something with them asap. I decided to get a little creative in the kitchen this morning and I created a mini breakfast casserole. My inspiration came from this recipe by Hot Eats and Cool Reads. When I saw this recipe I thought to myself, mini breakfast casseroles would be perfect for a grab and go breakfast in the morning before work. We ate a few of these little gems for breakfast this morning and we still have some left for the first couple of days of this coming work week. I hope you enjoy my recipe!
- 5 eggs
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and shredded (rinse, drain and pat dry after shredding)
- ⅓ C chopped onion
- 2 oz diced green chilis
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped
- 2.5oz diced bacon (I used real bacon pieces, can be found in salad dressing isle)
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- ½ C milk
- 2 tbsp flour, sifted
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with Crisco
- Toss the shredded potatoes with the seasoned salt and press into the muffin cups to line the bottom and sides of the cups. Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes in order to remove any excess moisture.
- Saute the onion and bacon in the olive oil until tender.
- Whisk together the egg, flour and milk. Add the chipotle pepper, diced chilis, cheese and pepper. Mix well. Stir in the bacon and onion.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin cups. I suggest using a spoon to aid with pouring so you don't end up with too much liquids in some cups but too much solids in the remaining cups.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the casseroles comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.