Cilantro Cream Chicken – Guest Post from Jaime from Mom’s Test Kitchen!
Hey y’all! I’m so excited to be here at This Gal Cooks sharing a delicious & simple dinner idea! Well first I guess I should introduce myself! I’m Jaime, the wife & momma behind Mom’s Test Kitchen, my little space in the blogosphere where I share the recipes I make for my family. I also occasionally like to branch outside of my kitchen and share the fun little educational activities that I do with my Princess P.
- 1 & 1/4 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- juice from 1 small lime
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Combine the Italian dressing, lime juice & about 2 tablespoons of the cilantro. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mix, pour the remaining marinade over the chicken & vegetables in a Tupperware containers or gallon Ziploc bags. Turn the chicken to coat & marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour up to overnight. I kept my chicken & veggies in two separate bags.
- Add the remaining cilantro to the reserved 1/4 cup of marinade & combine with the 1/4 cup of sour cream. I gave mine a quick blend in my food processor. Chill until ready to serve.
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium high heat. Remove the chicken & vegetables from the marinade, discard the remaining marinade.
- Saute chicken until the chicken is no longer pink & juices run clear. Add the vegetables to the chicken after the first few minutes and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve the chicken & veggies over rice & topped with the Cilantro Cream Sauce.