Buffalo Chickpea Salad (vegetarian + vegan option)
Helloooo and happy Friday filled with Buffalo Chickpea Salad!
I made this Buffalo Chickpea Salad because I love buffalo sauce. I dip my fries in it. I put it on sandwiches, eggs, pizza. I’m buffalo sauce’s number one fan. I wanted a delicious vegetarian recipe for something I could use in sandwiches. Something with substance. Something with buffalo sauce.
What I love about this Buffalo Chickpea Salad
- it’s vegetarian and easy to make vegan
- it can be used in sandwiches, wraps, salads or stuffed into cute little phyllo cups
- it’s a great game day appetizer
- it’s easy to make
- it’s made with buffalo sauce ♥︎
- 2 C cooked chickpeas (I used canned - rinsed)
- ¼ C diced celery
- ¼ C mayonnaise (veganaise for vegan version)
- 2 tbsp buffalo wing sauce, plus more for garnish (use vegan for vegan version)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Prepare the chickpeas. Place ⅓ of the chickpeas in a mixing bowl and mash them. Add the remaining chickpeas to the mixing bowl and stir to combine with the mashed chickpeas.
- Add the remaining ingredients (minus the cilantro) to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a serving bowl and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and drizzle with extra buffalo sauce, if desired.