20 Minute Easy Vegan Lentil Chili
Here’s to being lazy and not wanting to do anything at. all. after work. That’s exactly how I felt last night. I managed to take my dog for a walk around the neighborhood but after that, I laid around on the couch. I finally made myself something to eat around 8pm. Such a slacker I am. I really had no motivation to do anything last night, not even to write this post. But I gave myself a little internal pep talk so I could write this post and share this lentil chili with you.
So let’s talk about danger in the kitchen. Haha. I could make a TV show about that. DANGER…In the Kitchen. Catchy. Of all the minor injuries I’ve received in the past few months, most of them occurred while I was in my kitchen. Who the heck burns themselves on a slow cooker? ME. I burned myself on my slow cooker on Thanksgiving while I was making sweet potatoes. Who the heck almost chops off the side of their finger while trying to cut a lime in half? ME. I gave myself a pretty nasty cut over the weekend while trying to cut a lime in half. A freaking lime. That little sucka rolled when I tried to slice it and instead of slicing it, I sliced my index finger. Expletives ensued. Bandaids and Neosporin were sought out. I had to endure the uncomfortable feeling of trying to complete tasks while wearing a bandaid on my index finger.
Easy Vegan Lentil Chili
But enough about kitchen disasters. Let’s talk kitchen wins. This lentil chili is a total kitchen win. It was born on a night that I was almost too lazy to write down the recipe and take the photos. All I wanted to do was throw stuff in a pot, cook and then eat. But a little pep talk happened and I made myself write down the recipe and take some photos. I’m so happy that I did. This lentil chili is delicious and it only took 2o short minutes to make! It’s healthy and vegan, too.
- 2 15oz cans of lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 16oz can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5oz can of spicy red pepper diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 4 oz can of diced green chilis
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small orange pepper, chopped
- ⅓ C diced sweet onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet of all natural taco seasoning or 4 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, peppers and garlic and saute until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in bowls and top with your favorite toppings.