Let’s celebrate Wednesday and the start of vacation with a slice of this dangerously good Peanut Butter Oreo Cheesecake.
This cheesecake comes to you courtesy of my quest to make a delicious cheesecake filled with peanut butter and Oreos. It also comes to you on the first day of my vacation.
That’s right. V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N.
Right about now I’m either boarding a plane, soaring through the sky or having a mighty good time in Vegas, depending on the time you’re reading this. I may even be dreaming about this cheesecake. Because I know there are still a few slices left, waiting to be devoured by our friend who is watching our house and the dog, while we are away.
So contests, giveaways and gambling all go hand in hand with Vegas, right? To get you into the vacation spirit and the Vegas celebration right along with me, I have a fun little giveaway to share with you today. Yep, the fun doesn’t stop at the cheesecake. It continues with the chance to win an iPad Mini or a $300 Amazon gift card. Decisions decisions. Which would you choose if you won the giveaway? Entering is easy. You’ll find instructions along with the entry form at the end of this post.
Let’s talk about this cheesecake a little more.
This cheesecake, it’s crazy freaking good.
I based it off of my Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake recipe. I replaced the pumpkin puree with peanut butter and left out the pumpkin spice. I made a dangerously good Oreo cookie crust to support the soft, creamy cheesecake. I filled the cheesecake with Oreo cookies and then topped with with crushed Oreo cookies and hot fudge drizzle.
There’s so much to love right here.
Peanut Butter Oreo Cheesecake
- 1½ C ground Oreo cookies (about 21 cookies)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ⅓ C butter, melted
- 3 8oz packages of ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 1 C creamy peanut butter (do not use natural)
- 1 C granulate sugar, divided (3/4 C, ¼ C)
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 9 crushed Oreo cookies
- 10 crushed Oreos
- Hot fudge sauce for drizzling
- 9 inch springform pan
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 325 (300 for dark pans)
- Make the crust by combining the melted butter, sugar and the ground Oreo cookies. Mix in the butter until well incorporated and all of the ground cookies are moist. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, ¾ C granulated sugar and the vanilla extract on medium speed. Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition. Mix in the 9 crushed Oreos and then remove 1½ C of the batter from the mixing bowl and set aside. To the remaining batter, add the peanut butter and the remaining ¼ C sugar and mix on low until well incorporated.
- Pour half of the peanut butter batter over the crust and carefully even out and smooth with a spoon. Pour half of the plain batter over the peanut butter layer and carefully even out and smooth with a spoon. Repeat this process until the remaining batter is used. The final layer should be the plain batter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60-90 minutes or until the center is slightly jiggly. If the top of the cheesecake starts to darken too much, cover with aluminum foil.
- After baking, remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow to cool in a fridge overnight. Once cooled, top with the 10 crushed Oreos and then drizzle with the fudge sauce.
If your cheesecake cracks, have no fear! The Oreo topping will cover the crack!
A few readers who have made this cheesecake had an issue with some of the peanut oil from the peanut butter leaking from their pan. I'm not really sure how to prevent this but you could set the cheesecake pan inside another pan to prevent any leaks onto the bottom of your oven. You could also set a pan on the rack directly below the cheesecake to catch any leaks, as mentioned by another reader.
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Check out these cheesecake recipes form around the web.
S’mores Cheesecake by Life Love and Sugar
Cherry Cheesecake Brownies by Inside BruCrew Life
Overnight Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Casserole by Mom on Timeout
Enter the giveaway below! Giveaway has ended