Chocolate Pudding Pie In A Jar

Take the classic pudding pie to a whole new level with this Chocolate Pudding Pie In A Jar recipe! You’ll have fun making them and you’ll love eating them!

Chocolate Pudding Pie In A Jar from www.thisgalcooks.com #pudding #chocolate #jarrecipes

One of my all time favorite desserts is the chocolate pudding pie. My mom used to make them when my brother and I were kids and we just loved them. So simple to make yet so delicious. There’s something about the combination of graham cracker crust, chocolate pudding and Cool Whip topping that just makes you go “yum.”

When I got older and moved out on my own, I began making this delicious dessert on my own. When you’re living on a budget with minimal extra spending money, as I was when I first moved out on my own, fancy desserts and expensive meals weren’t something I could always enjoy. But pudding pie ingredients are super cheap and often on sale. Which made me happy. It meant I could enjoy one of my favorite desserts!

Chocolate Pudding Pie In A Jar from www.thisgalcooks.com

Now that I’m a little older (well, not that old – I’ll be turning the wee age of 32 next month) and I make a somewhat decent living, I can afford to dine on the finer things in life. But that doesn’t stop me from craving chocolate pudding pie. So a few weeks ago I decided to get creative with pudding pie. Ah yes, creativity with pudding pie. It’s a wonderful thing! It resulted in this cute little Chocolate Pudding Pie In A Jar recipe! Don’t you wish you had one right now?

Chocolate Pudding Pie In A Jar

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

Serving Size: 1 jar

Chocolate Pudding Pie In A Jar

Ingredients

• 4 6oz mason jars
  • 1 3.4oz package of chocolate pudding (use instant, NOT Cook & Serve)
  • 1 3/4 C milk
  • 1 C crushed graham crackers
  • 1 tbsp granulated white sugar
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted
  • Cool whip
  • Shaved bakers chocolate - semi sweet

Instructions

1. Mix together the sugar, graham crackers and melted butter. Press into the bottom 1/4 of 4 6oz mason jars.
  2. Mix together the milk and pudding mix. Pour into each jar up to the beginning of the rim.
  3. Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
  4. Top with the Cool Whip. I put the Cool Whip in a ziplock bag and cut off the corner so I could squeeze the Cool Whip into the jars and make it look fancy.
  5. Top the cool whip with the shaved chocolate.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Chocolate Pudding Pie In A JarWM

You could also make this with other flavors, such as chocolate, vanilla or butterscotch. But who wouldn’t want chocolate?!

More recipes from This Gal Cooks

{click images to get recipes}

Butterscotch Pudding Trifle

Butterscotch Pudding Trifle

Easy Pumpkin Spice Cake from www.thisgalcooks.com

Easy Pumpkin Spice Cake

Comments

1. says

This kind of dessert always takes me back to my childhood. I’ve always been a huge fan of pudding with whipped cream and graham cracker, and it reminds me of a favorite dessert my late aunt used to make. These look so delicious!

• says

I know, right? That was a little photo editing to get that but I think they turned out pretty well! Well, you are just going to have to make these for him, Paula! And you know you can make it healthier, right?! Use skim or 2% milk and lite cool whip! :)

2. says

Why yes, I do wish I had one RIGHT NOW! Pudding pie for me brings memories of my grandmother. It was her standby dessert at family gatherings. She’d make two because she knew I’d have more for breakfast the next morning!

3. says

Julie, these are so cute! And you’re totally right–the combination of graham crackers, pudding, and whipped topping is really hard to beat. I am such a fan of quick no-bake desserts :) Stopping by from Time to Sparkle!

4. says

Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop! I love your website and all the pictures you post of your creations. I am a chocolate lover, so this one is my favorite ~ and it’s SO easy! Can’t wait to make this for my family. :)

5. Kathy says

I think there’s a typo. I’m doing it now and 13.9 oz of pudding seems like an awful lot for only 1 3/4 milk. I’m horrible at cooking/baking so I really don’t know which is right… Just seems off. But I love the recipe though! Hopefully it turns out well.

• says

Ahhh thank you so much for pointing that out, Kathy! It’s 3.4oz, which is the small box of the instant pudding. Not sure where I got 13.9oz but I am going to change that now. Have a Happy New Year! :)

• Kathy says

No problem! That’s what I assumed and it worked out perfectly!! I did these in champagne flutes because it was new years but everybody went crazy for them. Thanks for the awesome recipe that I will definitely do again.

• says

Awesome! Glad it turned out well for you. I love that you put them in champagne flutes! How cute. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know you enjoyed this recipe. Enjoy the weekend. :)

Trackbacks