Good Monday evening! How was everyone’s weekend? Mine was pretty good. My mom came to visit us on Saturday and stayed until this afternoon. Mom and I did some shopping, Ken and I took her out to dinner Saturday evening and to breakfast this morning and yesterday we did a BBQ. Ken smoked a Boston Butt Roast and I made sides while mom helped out in the kitchen with getting stuff together or getting dishes cleaned. It was a good time. I wish she lived closer so we could get together more often.
Today I am sharing a simple Asian style recipe that I threw together a few weeks ago. It’s delicious and it’s packed with veggies! I hope you enjoy this recipe. But first, here’s a few photos from the weekend.
Here’s Mom and I
And here’s Ken and I
And here’s a photo of the recipe I will be sharing with you today!
Stir Fry Vegetables with Penne
- 4 oz penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 C broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 C sugar snap peas, sliced width wise
- 1/2 C shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp siracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sesame seed
- 4 white mushroom caps, sliced
- 1/3 C bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- In a large pot, saute the onion, carrot, mushroom, broccoli, snap peas, and garlic in peanut oil over medium heat until tender.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce, ground ginger, siracha hot sauce and chili garlic sauce and mix well. Stir in the bean sprouts.
- Add the pasta to the veggie mix and mix well. Stir in the sesame seeds.