I’m a sucker for soup. I love to make soups and I love to eat them. Some of my favorite soups include potato soup, chicken noodle, crab bisque, clam chowder, Panera Bread’s Lemon Orzo Chicken, Avgo Lemono and chicken & wild rice soup. Soups pair well with salads, freshly baked bread, and grilled cheese sandwiches.
The soup recipe that I will be sharing with you today is a variation of another chicken and wild rice soup that I previously shared. This version is a simple recipe that utilizes a crockpot. It’s great for those busy days when you have to work all day, are busy with the kids or have other activities to attend to. Please enjoy this recipe.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of Lundberg Wild Blend Rice
- 1 can of sliced carrots (I usually use fresh but all I had on hand were canned carrots.)
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 1/2 cup of white wine (I used Pino Grigio)
- 1 cup of water
- Salt to taste (add after cooking)
For the cream base (made after the soup cooks in the slow cooker)
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
1. Place the first 10 ingredients into the crockpot. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
2. When the soup is done cooking, turn the heat to low. It should look similar to this.