A Really Good Salmon Rice Bowl (gluten + dairy free)
A salmon rice bowl that’s so flavorful, filling and full of good-for-you ingredients! Tender Atlantic salmon, roasted tomatoes, fresh herbs, healthy seeds and homemade dressing satisfy the savory cravings in under 30 minutes.
Let me tell you just how good this Salmon Rice Bowl is. I made it for lunch two days in a row. If you don’t like something, you don’t make it two days in a row, right?
This salmon rice bowl came together on a whim. I received a seafood shipment from Sizzlefish (not an affiliate link) a couple days before and I was craving salmon. I had some cooked basmati rice in my fridge as well as fresh herbs and roasted tomatoes. What am I going to make with this stuff?
I browsed the web for some inspiration and found a mediterranean rice & quinoa bowl from The PKP way that looked good. I got to work in my kitchen and made this really good salmon rice bowl.
You will need cooked rice, roasted tomatoes or sundried tomatoes, fresh dill and parsley, green onions, dried herbs, lemon, olive oil, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds to make this recipe. If you’re in a hurry and don’t have those ingredients, play around with the recipe to make it your own. I definitely suggest trying my version of the salmon rice bowl at some point. The flavors are spot on.
Ready to roast
- 4oz piece of Atlantic salmon
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 slices of lemon, halved
- 1/2 C cooked basmati rice
- 1/2 C roasted cherry tomatoes OR chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 5 kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (I like Super Seedz brand)
- 1/2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of dried basil
- pinch of dried oregano
- Prepare the salmon. Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the salmon on the baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, dried basil and oregano. Top with the lemon slices. Roast at 400 for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the Vinaigrette. Place the vinaigrette ingredients in a small mason jar or bowl and whisk to combine.
- Prepare the rice bowl. If your rice and roasted tomatoes are cold, heat them in a microwave for 1 minute.* Place the rice, tomatoes, parsley, dill, green onion, olives and artichokes in a serving bowl. Mix together. Top with pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds. After the salmon is done roasting, remove the lemon slices and place the salmon on top of the rice mixture. Drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette.
*you can serve the rice mixture warm, hot or cold. I prefer mine room temp. The choice is yours.
Double the recipe to serve 2.
Nutrition information calculated using My Fitness Pal and is an estimate. These calculations do not include the dressing as amounts used will differ. Here is a link to the recipe in My Fitness Pal for your reference. A Really Good Salmon Bowl
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400 Total Fat: 25g Cholesterol: 80mg Sodium: 1027mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 11g Sugar: 5g Protein: 38g