I love a good juicy burger. I’d say my favorite type of burger is quite classic: a grilled chuck burger with lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo and cheese (usually cheddar or American.) Sometimes I like to go outside the box and try something different. When I used to frequent Five Guys, I used to get a small cheeseburger with grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, mayo, jalapenos, A-1 sauce. It was oh so delish. That reminds me, I need to go to Five Guys again one day. But until I finally make it back to Five Guys, I’ll enjoy my burgers at home (I’ll be honest, I rarely order a burger when we go out. I usually only order one if I’m desperately craving one.)
A few weeks ago we paid a visit to BJ’s (if you aren’t familiar with BJ’s, it’s similar to Costco) and when we walked in the doors we stumbled upon a huge box of pineapple. I knew we were going to be grilling burgers that night so I thought to myself, why not get a pineapple to grill. We like grilled pineapple and it goes great with…BURGERS! So we took the pineapple home and the rest is history. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Grilled Pineapple BBQ Burger
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 C ground oats
- 1/4 C chopped onion
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Slices of pineapple
- BBQ sauce of your choice (we used Sweet Baby Rays Sweet & Spicy)
- Combine the beef, ground oats, chopped onion, ketchup, seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and cheddar cheese. Form into 4-5 patties.
- Grill the burgers over medium to medium high direct heat, flipping a few times and until they reach an internal temp of 160.
- Grill the pineapple slices for about a minute, flipping a few times.
- Place the burgers on a bun, top with the grilled pineapple and BBQ sauce.