It isn’t too late to share a Thanksgiving leftovers sandwich with you, is it?
This delicious sandwich is made with all of my favorite leftovers and quite possibly your favorite leftovers, too. Inspiration comes from mom who says her inspiration comes from my uncle. Mom says my uncle doesn’t have a huge Thanksgiving feast anymore because it’s just him and my aunt since my cousins live far away from them. So each year mom takes a pic of her leftovers sandwich and sends it to my uncle. I took a pic of mine and now I’m sharing it with you.
This sandwich is totally customizable to suit your preferences. I’m kicking myself in the butt for not putting macaroni and cheese on it but the mac n cheese was the first side to be totally demolished and devoured. I better save some for next time.
And if you think this leftovers sandwich is only for Thanksgiving, well I have news for you. It isn’t. Christmas is around the corner and your Christmas leftovers will make a great leftovers sandwich. Ham, turkey, whatever you have, pile it on the bread and commence to eating.
Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich
- Slices of bread or dinner rolls
- Cranberry Sauce
- Cornbread Dressing (or your favorite dressing)
- Sweet potato casserole (include those marshmallows or pecan streusel!)
- Spread the mayonnaise on the inside of the bread or dinner rolls.
- Layer with cranberry sauce, turkey, dressing, gravy, sweet potato casserole and then top with the top slice of bread or dinner roll.
More from This Gal Cooks