I’m trying to think of a nifty little intro to go with this recipe that I am about to share with all of you but I cannot think of anything right now. Well, not anything food related. I just did the happy dance because I saw the actor (Giancarlo Esposito) that plays one of my favorite characters from Breaking Bad (Gus Fring) in this new show that I am watching. The show is called Revolution. We are watching the pilot. So far, it’s pretty good.
Anyways, on to my food. Saturday evening we grilled some food. Potatoes were included in that food and we didn’t eat them all so we had some leftover. I also had some sausage, eggs, cheese and some other ingredients so I decided to throw together a casserole for our Sunday breakfast. This casserole turned out delicious! And what’s great is that we have leftovers so easy breakfast for a few mornings this week! Please enjoy the recipe.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 C crumbled sausage, cooked
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 3/4 C milk
- 1/4 C gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 C diced cooked potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large skillet, cook the sausage. Remove from heat and drain.
3. In a small sauce pan, saute jalapeno and onion in the olive oil until tender.
4. Whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the cheese, onion, jalapeno, sausage, flour and potato.
5. Pour into a greased baking dish and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean.
Enjoy with hot sauce, sour cream, or both. Or just by itself. I like a dollop of sour cream with green pepper hot sauce on mine.