This morning I shared a lovely recipe for homemade drop biscuits. I promised that I would share a recipe for the sausage gravy that was eaten with those biscuits. So I present to you Sausage Gravy!
Sausage gravy is one of those simple to make recipes. There are only 5 ingredients involved, provided you add salt & pepper (I highly recommend adding pepper – there’s just something amazing about peppered gravy,) and the cooking process takes less than 15 minutes. This recipe is one of my Sunday morning favorites. As I mentioned in my biscuit post, I used to top frozen biscuits with the sausage gravy. There’s really no need to do that because biscuits are so simple to make from scratch. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Ingredientsmakes 6 servings
- 1lb bulk pork sausage (don’t eat pork? use turkey sausage)
- 2 C milk
- 1/4 C all purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh biscuits
- In a large sauce pan or pot, cook the sausage over medium heat.
- Add the flour and mix well
- Gradually stir in the milk
- Add salt and pepper to taste