Grilled Steak Fiesta Salad
It’s what’s for dinner tonight. Tender, juicy steak is marinated in like my favorite marinade ever – chipotle lime marinade. Ohh yeah, you’re gonna be begging for more of this healthy salad after you have a plate of it. Better get extra steaks!
I love a good salad. When I say good salad, I mean a salad that has delicious toppings and dressing, not a salad with meat, cheese and dressing. Well, I could go for meat, cheese and dressing if the meat was extraordinary in flavor, such as the meat used in the salad I am sharing with you today.
One of my favorite flavor combinations is chipotle lime. Marinade, dressing, you name it, I probably like it. I made a chipotle lime marinade for a couple of steaks that I picked up at the grocery store with the intention of creating a delicious salad. You can find the original marinade recipe here but I’ll be sharing my version below. I hope you enjoy my refreshing, zesty salad recipe.
- 2 steaks (total of about 1lb. I used top round but would recommend a different cut as they were quite chewy - but hey, they were on sale!)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cilantro
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- Lettuce, chopped
- Black Beans
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Crushed red pepper
- Dressing of your choice (I used Chipotle Ranch Dressing)
- Whisk together the honey, chipotle in adobo, dijon mustard, lime juice, minced garlic, cumin, cilantro, allspice and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the steaks to the bowl and generously coat with the marinade. Cover and let marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, tossing a few times during the marinate process.
- Meanwhile, combine the corn and black beans. Season with desired amount of crushed red pepper.
- Heat your grill to medium heat and grill until your desired doneness is reached.
- Slice the steak across the grain.
- Place lettuce in large serving bowls or plates and top with black bean/corn mixture, shredded cheese and sliced steak. Top with your desired dressing or enjoy plain.
A few more salads that you may enjoy: