You’re going to love these tasty, No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars by Ashley from Spoonful of Flavor. They’re the healthy way to start your day!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Hi everyone! I’m Ashley from Spoonful of Flavor and I am very excited to be guest posting today on This Gal Cooks. I love creating recipes that are easy and perfect for the entire family. I’ve been known to indulge in something sweet every now and then, and you won’t ever find me without chocolate and a stash of snacks. Today, I have the perfect no-bake snack to share with you. These no-bake chocolate peanut butter granola bars are chewy, gooey and loaded with peanut butter flavor.
Do you love to snack? Most days, I have an afternoon snack and a post-dinner evening snack. And I always try to include chocolate. In reality, I probably snack more than I should. Sometimes, I don’t actually eat three meals in a day, but rather substitute one of the meals for a few snacks instead. I still try to keep the snacks wholesome and balanced. But as much as I love to bake, during the week, I rarely have time to bake at all. So, I’m always looking for fun no-bake snacks. These no-bake chocolate peanut butter granola bars are the perfect snack for the entire family.
I love incorporating granola bars into my snack options. And I always try new flavors and varieties. These granola bars are perfect for the peanut butter lover, with a double dose of peanut flavor. Chunks of peanuts and chocolate chips add a subtle crunch. The coconut oil gives them just a hint of coconut flavor and the honey adds a little bit of sweetness. With a chocolate drizzle topping it all off.
Best of all, these granola bars are no-bake and can be made ahead of time. I like to make them over the weekend, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and then eat them during the week. Go ahead, make yourself a batch and enjoy a fun chocolate peanut butter treat!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup + 1 teaspoon coconut oil, divided
- 2¾ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup chopped peanuts
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium pot set over low heat, combine the peanut butter, honey, and ½ cup coconut oil. Stir until smooth and completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in oats and peanuts. Pour mixture into baking dish, spreading an even layer and pressing down firmly with the back of a spatula. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until cool. Remove from fridge and sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top of the mixture, pressing down lightly with the back of a spoon to set in granola. Return to refrigerator and chill 2 hours or until firm. Slice into small bars and remove from pan.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and one teaspoon coconut oil in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Drizzle melted chocolate over bars and let set. Store granola bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator with wax paper separating the layers.
Connect with Ashley