Love chili but not the beans? Then this Hearty No Bean Chili Recipe is perfect for you!
Hearty No Bean Chili Recipe
If you’re like me, you love chili. I can eat chili anytime, even on hot, June days in Florida. It tastes good and it always produces leftovers which is great for during the week when you are busy with work and other projects.
- 2lb of ground beef (I used grass fed organic)
- 1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 6oz can of tomato paste
- 1 15oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, seeds removed and diced
- A couple of spoonfuls of the adobo sauce from the chipotle peppers
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of beer
- 2 tbsp of chili powder
- 1 cube of beef bullion
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 2 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of white sugar
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of unsweetened coco powder
- Over medium high heat, in a large pot, brown the meat along with the onions and jalapeno pepper. Break up the meat with a spatula into small bits.
- Drain the excess grease from the meat and return it to the pot. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir and let simmer for one hour. You may eat it before simmering but taste-wise, simmering for 1 hour is recommended.
Garnish with onion, shredded cheese, sour cream or crackers (or all of them or any combination thereof.) Pairs well with corn bread or grilled cheese.