Paleo and gluten free Easy Tuna Cakes come together in under 15 minutes and only take 5 minute to cook! These flavorful tuna cakes can be served as an appetizer or main dish. Make great lunches!
I was going to share a salad recipe with you today but then these Easy Tuna Cakes happened and I was like TOO GOOD NOT TO SHARE! It’s Monday. Easy and flavorful, gluten free + paleo tuna cakes will snap you right out of the Monday blues, should you be suffering from them. ;)
These happened because well, albacore tuna packets were BOGO free at the grocery store so I bought that albacore tuna and said YOU WILL NOT END UP AS TUNA SALAD! It seems like the only thing that tuna is used for in my house is tuna salad. Pretty boring, eh? It’s time tuna met a little variety.
Ken and I had these as a light lunch (2 cakes each) and dipped them in a sauce made with full fat sour cream and hot sauce (pictured in photos). These would make great appetizers, too. And if you’re okay with eating bread or gluten, you could serve these on buns and have tuna cake sandwiches! You could also serve them sandwiched between two lettuce leaves or two grilled portobellos to make paleo friendly sandwiches. ♥︎
These Easy Tuna Cakes are filled with flavorful, paleo friendly ingredients:
- roasted red pepper
- green onion
- stone ground mustard
- fresh lemon juice
- fresh cilantro
- almond meal
- and of course, tuna
- 2 6.4oz packets of albacore tuna
- ½ C almond meal
- 2 tbsp chopped roasted red pepper
- 2 tbsp sliced green onion
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp stone ground mustard
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for olive oil and mix until blended. Form into 4 patties. Place the patties on a plate and then put them in your freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a skillet. Add the chilled tuna cakes and cook 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place the cooked tuna cakes on a paper towel lined plate after cooking to drain excess oil and then transfer to a serving plate. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.