Weekends call for delicious grilled meats, veggies and the best side dishes E-V-E-R. Like this Bacon Parmesan Pasta Salad.
Creamy mayo, grated parmesan cheese, pimentos, seasonings and BACON meet macaroni noodles in this knock your socks off pasta salad. It’s so super easy to make. Just throw all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until well blended. Garnish with fresh thyme for an extra boost of flavor. Save for dinner or stuff your face immediately. I may or may not have snuck a few spoonfuls from the bowl before dinner was served. Because taste testing and all, right?
We are grill fanatics at my house. I love prepping food for the grill. Ken loves grilling it. We both love stuffing our faces with it.
We love stuffing our faces with tasty side dishes, too. I almost always make a pasta side dish. Sometimes macaroni and cheese. Sometimes pasta salad. Pasta salad usually wins during the summer months. Because let’s face it. Pasta salad is cool and refreshing, which pairs well with dreadfully hot weather.
On this particular hot summer evening, Bacon Parmesan Pasta Salad won. Enjoy the recipe!
Bacon Parmesan Pasta Salad
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- ¾ C mayo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tbsp pimentos
- ⅓ C shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- ½ C bacon bits (use the real stuff, folks)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt, plus more or less, according to taste
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Remove from the stovetop and allow to cool.
- Once the macaroni is cooled, place it in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients, minus the salt. Do a taste test and add salt, if desired.
HUNGRY FOR MORE PASTA?
A few recipes from around the web.
Green Goddess Pasta Salad from Call Me PMc.
Easy Summer Pasta Salad from Two Peas & Their Pod.
5 Ingredient Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad from Gimme Some Oven.
If you love salmon, you’ll love my Grilled Salmon and Vegetable Orzo Salad
Another fav: Caprese Chicken Orzo Salad