Cake Mix Lemon Blueberry Muffins

Lemon cake mix and fresh blueberries come together to make this super simple Cake Mix Lemon Blueberry Muffins recipe!

Cake Mix Lemon Blueberry Muffins from www.thisgalcooks.com

Gah. I’m quickly putting together this post because I have a ton of school work to work on. What does putting a post together quickly do to my brain? Make me not be able to think of things to write about! Can you say writers block? Writers block. This gal has it. So instead of writing about something inspiring, useful or interesting, I’ve spent this entire first paragraph of this post rambling about writers block. Ok, I’ll try to write about something else now.

Are you one of those people who has a wandering mind? I sure am. I tell ya, reading about some of the business topics that I have to read about causes my mind to wander. A lot. I’ve always been a day dreamer. I can remember sitting at my desk in 5th grade, elbow on the desk, chin propped in the palm of my hand, thinking about anything and everything that didn’t have to do with the boring topic the teacher was talking about. To this day I still do that. I think it’s part of the reason that it’s taken so long for me to complete my bachelors degree. Taking 3 hour per evening night classes just wasn’t for me. I would find myself day dreaming quite often. It wasn’t until online classes became the norm that I was able to complete classes at a more accelerated pace.

Cake Mix Lemon Blueberry Muffins3

There are actually a few factors that played into me taking forever to finish my degree. Inability to sit still for long periods of time, lack of interest in the topics covered and the desire to do recreational activities or just sit on my butt at home after work can all be attributed to my lengthy stay at college. But with all of that being said, I still ask my self what I’m going to do after I graduate. I have a desire to do more, to learn more!

I think we will see a lot of school talk in my future posts. I’ll try to keep it interesting. :)

Now let’s talk muffins. I had a box of lemon cake mix. I had some fresh blueberries. I thought “hey! lemon and blueberry go good together!” So I made these muffins. They came out ok. To me they weren’t anything spectacular. Definitely not as good as my made from scratch Raspberry Lemon Muffins. But they hit the spot if you’re craving a muffin. And I kinda like the photos that I took of them. So here ya go. If you end up making them, let me know what you think!

Cake Mix Lemon Blueberry Muffins

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 35 minutes

Yield: 12 muffins

Serving Size: 1 muffin

Cake Mix Lemon Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients

• 1 box of lemon cake mix. I used Duncan Hines.
  • 1 C all purpose flour
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/3 C cold butter, cubed
  • 1 1/2 C fresh blueberries
  • 2 tbsp all purpose flour
  • 1 C water
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp baking powder

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix and 1 C flour. Divide in half.
  3. Add the baking powder to half of the cake mix. Mix well. Beat in the eggs, water and oil until well combined.
  4. Toss the blueberries in 2 tbsp flour and then fold into the batter.
  5. Cut the butter into the remaining mix.
  6. Pour the batter into lined muffin cups and then sprinkle with the crumb mixture.
  7. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
  8. Allow to cool for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Cake Mix Lemon Blueberry Muffins from www.thisgalcooks.com

More from This Gal Cooks

Raspberry Lemon Muffins

Raspberry Lemon Muffins

Peanut Butter Muffins with Peanut Butter Chocolate Streusel

Peanut Butter Muffins with Peanut Butter Chocolate Streusel

Butterscotch Pumpkin Muffins from www.thisgalcooks.com

Butterscotch Pumpkin Muffins

Comments

1. says

I am the worlds biggest day dreamer! I can totally relate! I find myself doing that in church a lot, I’ll think about the meals I want to make for the week or desserts to try! Like these muffins! I have a boa load of blueberries to use up, this would be great!

2. says

I wish I day dreamed. Sometimes I sit in my classes and I force myself to dream of things just so I can stop listening to boring lectures lol! Just doesn’t happen for me so I admire your skill girl. These muffins look delicious, I don’t know what you are talking about. And I agree the pictures are beautiful!

3. says

My mind wonders ALL the time! Most of the time when I’m on my computer to do research, I ended up on Pinterest or Amazon –ha! I can’t believe you actually “quickly” put this post together? WOW! Sure doesn’t look it! :) I really LOVE your photos. And these lemon blueberry muffins look amazing! I love shortcuts by using cake mixes and I’m always looking for new recipes. Thanks for sharing Julie. Pinning these for sure! :)

• says

Haha, I do the SAME thing! Pinterest, Amazon, Reddit. Those are a few of my distractions. :) Sometimes I just have to get away from the computer if I need to do reading for school. Thanks for the compliments on the photos.

Yea, I didn’t know what to write about so I just started typing and that is what I got!

4. says

Julie, the muffins look delicious! My mind wonders all the time and guess what? I’m STILL trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up! :) Whether in a structured environment or just along the way, I think it’s important to learn something everyday. I know you’ll make everything work and most of all, will enjoy the journey! Thanks for sharing – pinning and buffering! :)

• says

You are so right, Cindy! I love learning new things. Ha, I often get stuck in Wikipedia trance, going from link to link to read about stuff. :) Thank you so much for stopping by and for pinning and buffering. :)

5. Joanne says

Hi Julie- These muffins look so yummy, and I like that you make them with the lemon cake mix. I need to use up a bag of fresh blueberries. :)

6. says

These sound so good! Coming up with material to write about in posts can be so painful when you’re in a hurry. I like when it just flows, eat sometimes it doesn’t.

7. says

Julie, love, love, love the combination of lemon and blueberries. Can’t wait to try.

I just recently discovered your blog. I really like that there is always a recipe using ingredients that you already have in the house. It’s nice to be able to serve up something home-made without taking time out of busy schedules to shop for ingredients.

I’m just getting started in the blogging world…..one week old. Hope you’ll stop by and say Hi @ Melding Magic.

8. says

Love the fact this uses a cake mix because sometimes I need to whip up a sweet something or other for an event at the last minute. Also love blueberries and lemon together gives it a whole new taste. Following form Marvelous Mondays and linked up too. FOllwing you on Pinterest.

9. says

You and I sound allot alike. I love to cook, bake, drink good craft beer and daydream. I am out of berries so I will be adapting this recipe to make lemon poppy seed muffins instead. (My daughter’s favorite) So thanks for the recipe!