Good Saturday morning to you. How did you begin your day? I started my day with breakfast. Then my boyfriend and I drove to the beach so we could walk the beach. On the way home, we stopped at a local coffee shop, Stuart Coffee Company, for some espresso drinks. I got a plain ol’ cafe latte and Ken got an iced pumpkin spice latte. Yep, this coffee shop still stocks the pumpkin spice syrup!
About breakfast. I love breakfast. I can eat anything for breakfast. Today I ate leftover pizza. I also love recipes that could be considered breakfast, lunch and dinner cuisine. Quiche is one of those recipes that could be considered breakfast, lunch or dinner cuisine. Recently I made a Sausage & Veggie Crustless Quiche to enjoy any time of the day. I had it for breakfast for a few days and for dinner a couple of times.
Doesn’t it look fantastic? No need to fret if you don’t have all of the ingredients that I used. You can easily substitute ingredients. Are you out of red pepper but loaded with spinach? Use spinach instead! Is your fridge missing the sausage but has a package of bacon sitting on its shelf? Use that bacon! Bacon tastes great in Quiche. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Crustless Sausage & Veggie Quiche
- 5 large eggs
- 1½ C milk
- ½ C diced or shredded swiss cheese
- ½ C diced or shredded provolone
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp seasoned salt
- ⅓ C chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1½ C cooked ground country sausage
- ½ tomato, sliced and halved
- Whisk together all ingredients minus the tomato.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch round cake pan. Top with the sliced tomato.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until set.
A couple more recipes that you may enjoy: