Brown Sugar French Toast

Serve this sweet Brown Sugar French Toast to your guests for breakfast. Top it with maple syrup and they’ll love you forever.

Brown Sugar French Toast from www.thisgalcooks.com #breakfast #frenchtoast

I made this french toast without cinnamon or nutmeg. I was trying to create a french toast recipe that Ken would like. He ended up not liking this one because “the bread was soggy” but I loved it. I have always had french toast that was a little soggy so that is what I am used to. What is your french toast preference? Soggy? Firm? I think my next attempt will be making an overnight french toast casserole. But until then, I hope you enjoy this recipe!

Brown Sugar French ToastBrown Sugar French Toast

• 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • Powdered sugar
  • syrup
Instructions
  1. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, vanilla, brown sugar and salt.
  2. Heat a skillet to medium heat. Spray with cooking spray (spray before each addition of bread)
  3. Individually dip the slices of bread into the egg mixture and then cook each slice for 1-2 minutes per side.
  4. Top with powdered sugar and syrup
Nutrition Information
Serving size: 3 slices

A few more tasty breakfast recipes that I enjoyed:

Mini Bacon & Egg Casseroles

minibreak1

Homemade Honey Biscuits

honeybiscuits

Chocolate Chip Pancakes

CHOCOPANCAKE31

Comments

1. says

I should really be making lunch, but am tempted with breakfast instead having just seen this.

Definitely soggy toast for me!

Hope you are having a lovely week.

Kate x
    Kate at Home

2. says

I like my firm with a little crisp around the edges, but moist and gooey in the middle. :)

Love that this is perfect for two. Pinning this one to make on a weekend when it is just me and the husband.

3. says

Looks delicious, Julie! Putting it on my list and pinning. My fridge died yesterday, so I’m just going to look at all your beautiful food until I can start cooking again on Saturday. Have a great night!!

4. says

Dear Julie, I love French Toast on a Saturday morning…it is such a wonderful treat and a great way to start the weekend with the family. These looks absolutely delicious….I love using plain white bread too. Blessings, Catherine xo

5. Rebecca Wineinger says

I tried this French toast for the first time this morning with my husband. I was drawn to them when you said they were soggy because that’s his preference. They were delicious. I used Ezekiel bread. Yum. Thanks for sharing a soggy recipe for two. P.S. I like your brief descriptions of the recipes. Just enough to be interesting.

6. says

A good way to keep the bread from being soggy is freezing the bread overnight and then using it frozen! My mother-in-law taught me that one. Hope it helps!

7. says

This recipe was simple and delicious! I love the flavour that the brown sugar gives it. Made it yesterday for my house, and served topped with some strawberries & blueberries for good measure – it was a hit!

Trackbacks